Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico Doesn't Apologize for Deportation

Hud

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little "logic alert": By definition, an "illegal immigrant" didn't pay any attention to the law when they entered the U.S., so how can you compare the situation with Mexico's requirements for people who legally emigrate to Mexico under its laws?

Guest bennie2

apples & oranges. 2 different countries 2 policies. my feeling is that (dont want to get into this further) is that the migrants in guad are housed there for a while untill they get to to US. kind of like the 72 hour stay granted last year. (to get to the US). the number of migrants who can pass thru mex (w/out being arrested) are those who the mex/centamer govts approve. as for americans immigrating, apples & oranges. the policy is that US owes mexico mucho. mex owes US nothing. (slightly edited added additional info)

Just a little "logic alert": By definition, an "illegal immigrant" didn't pay any attention to the law when they entered the U.S., so how can you compare the situation with Mexico's requirements for people who legally emigrate to Mexico under its laws?

Seems to me they are talking about the illegals that enter both Mexico and the USA, and are deported. Seems to be a lot of that happening by Mexico. Sounds like a valid comparison to me. Mexico only wants those who can support themselves, and not become a burden on Mexico and its people; whereas, the USA takes those that are not wanted by Mexico, and allows them to become a burden on its people. Looks to me like Mexico puts the best interests of its people above those of immigrants. I would say Mexico knows exactly what they are doing to protect their country.

kind of like the 72 stay granted last year. the number of migrants who can pass thru mex (w/out being arrested) are those who the mex/centamer govts approve.

"72",that's how many Central American and Mexican immigrants were murdered one day on a ranch in San Fernando,Tamaulipas..

A bit hard to split out, but as far as overall numbers it looks like about 27.7% of the current MX population of 79.41M people. Now, we know the number includes many from S of MX who passed through, so 25% may, or may not, be correct, but it probably darn close and more importantly A huge number of people imposed on another society uninvited.

A bit hard to split out, but as far as overall numbers it looks like about 27.7% of the current MX population of 79.41M people. Now, we know the number includes many from S of MX who passed through, so 25% may, or may not, be correct, but it probably darn close and more importantly A huge number of people imposed on another society uninvited.

Actually the Mexican population is around 122 million,so your figures are only off by about 40 million..

As far as them not being invited..US employers have been inviting and hiring them do work that US citizens aren't willing to do for decades.

Those "employers" are not paying their social services tab, just the people who did not invite them. :(

Then crack down on the US employers and find some US citizens willing to work the fields,clean the houses,build the homes,work in restaurants,etc.etc.

Better yet,reinstate the "Bracero" program,there are plenty of Mexicans who would be more than happy to bust their asses doing work that Americans don't want to do.

I'm tired of hearing about what a burden immigrant workers are the on the US,it's BS spouted by ignorant people who are unaware of the facts.

I think the people who are unhappy with the illegals NOB are unhappy because there are laws that provide for workers for employers who need temporary help, but the laws are being ignored. The same is not true for Mexico, they enforce their laws about temporary help. Actually, if I was tired of hearing about it, I would not participate, nor read these threads. Seems like a simple fix to me. You must enjoy calling people ignorant, or you would not be here. :)

Those "employers" are not paying their social services tab, just the people who did not invite them. :(

I read a while back that the amount of the average American's taxes that go towards welfare programs is $25 US a year. Is that really so much to contribute to help out those less fortunate and who have had many less opportunities in life than yourself? It really doesn't matter where they came from.

Michael Reagan's article is full of inaccuracies, distortions and outright lies. He states that one quarter of Mexico's population lives in the U.S. This is complete crap. So is his claim that over half of all immigrants in the U.S. are on welfare. I could go on but I won't...it's not my responsibility. Mr. Reagan should be ashamed of himself for lying. And anyone reading the article should resent being lied to.

Jim Bowie you have no clue. I ran a winery and you cannot get the workers ahead of time and get them a visa to come in.

1 you cannot get enough people to harvest no matter how much you pay , how much you advertise, how much you pay head hunters.. If you want to harvest with documented workers, you hire a compamy that will have the people and you will quickly find out that that company workers are all illegal as well actually you probably know the employees, they are the guys you did not hire because they were illegal. Those companies change names on a regular basis..

This way you pay more for the workers but that Company is liable not you..

2 you cannot find US workers who even apply for the job and if there was one my bet is that he could not keep up . The workers worked in team and the team was paid by the ton and would Split the money. If the tea, felt that you did not keep up they would kick the slow worker out.

3 In California you have to hire the most qualify worker and then check if he is documented. You have to give him 3 days to get his papers and then let him go if his papers are not correct...which totally screws up your labor forcé for the harvest..Grapes have to be harvested the day they are reay not 3 days later and after you let the worker go you cannot find another one because all the good guys have been hired.

Please tell me how employers can get visas for day laborers.... You simply have no clue.

Give workers visas for a limited amount of time , they are tons of people willing to go to the US for harvests and go back home. All of our workers did just that but they also had the expense of the coyotes which is totally unfair..why give those blood suckers clients.

Guest bennie2

viajero: "72 hour stay" in mex while traveling thru to the US. re read, i corrected the typo. yes they are "invited" you are right about that one. (regardless if they are mexican of south). cheap labor, yes.

Guest bennie2

the artical was correct. 1/4 of mex is in the US. many now are not there to work but to get benefits. maternity tourism is over the top. those stats are staggering. what was surprising was the info came from the NYTs. (around 5 years ago). when the liberal left media is talking you know whats up. ok, so mexico & the US have completely different laws. we know that. mexico is nationalistic, U.S. is becoming like the european union. i read recently (several news outlets), that there is an incentive for corps to hire illegals. the govt encourges it. (or should i say pushes it). BMH, dont know when you ran the winery, but things change & they change fast. too many UNskilled/ low skilled workers in the US.

Guest bennie2

they are not addressing refugees from somolia middle east who arrive every day. syria next as europe is over flowing. still mexico wont apologize, thats the bottom line of the artical.

The article states illegal immigrants when caught in Mexico are fined and or jailed is out of date information. Mexican Immigration law took that clause out a couple of years ago and it is no longer a crime to be illegally in Mexico only against the rules and only warrants an immigration judge´s deportation hearing for deportation and has to be done in 2 weeks after detainment at an immigration detention center or the illegal immigrant has to be released.

Bottom line is that if the U.S. has a problem with too much immigration, which I believe it does, it is a self-created problem by government and employers who don't give a damn about people being able to make a living wage or as a result of low pay, having to also rely on welfare benefits.

Excessive immigration up there has created a big surplus of labor, particularly in the less skilled category, which enables employers to exploit this situation and the data shows they are doing so.

The U.S. has made its own problems and in the case of the Middle East, exported them as well. Don't blame the emigrants, they are simply behaving in an economically rational manner in response to government policy and business practices.

Mexico understands two very vital things: First, language is a critical unifying factor in having a more cohesive nation. This country has an official language and they stick with it.

Second: It is government's responsibility to put its citizens first, always. Hence it has a rational, Mex-centric immigration policy even if not always perfectly carried out. They don't allow immigrants to flood the country and they don't allow the immigrants they have to conduct political activities such as demonstrations and waving foreign flags on their soil.

Bully for them, really!

My issue with Mexico is not their immigration policy it is that their official posture is "Don't do as we do, do as we say." They expect, almost demand, that the U.S. follow policies that wouldn't be tolerated here for a NY minute.

IMO they have no complaint if at some point the U.S. realizes how badly it has erred in this matter and closes the door. And while they are at it, puts a stop to foreigners conducting political demonstrations on their shores.

For budget junkies, a lot of really detailed hard data here:

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2014/12/federal-spending-by-the-numbers-2014

Now matter how the tale is told, there is no way to get (at any price) U.S. Citizens to do the kind of labor involved in the farming industry, particularly the stoop labor. The last time they did it was during the Dust Bowl era. Those people were utterly desperate and physically tough enough for the job. Today, without the Mexican laborers, the food would rot in the fields and we wouldn't be having California wine to sip.

It's too bad that the various states who need this kind of labor can't institute a "bracero" program and get everyone's needs met, legally.

The current "head in the sand" method has resulted in the mess we have today.

The basic difference between the U.S. and Mexico is that Mexico doesn't NEED to import labor, so they can be tough on immigration. For a while, they were getting immigrants from the U.S. who were not financially able to contribute much to the economy. They changed the rules. We current immigrants are gravy. There is no way of fairly comparing the situations in both countries.

Actually the Mexican population is around 122 million,so your figures are only off by about 40 million..

As far as them not being invited..US employers have been inviting and hiring them do work that US citizens aren't willing to do for decades.

Jim Bowie you have no clue. I ran a winery and you cannot get the workers ahead of time and get them a visa to come in.

1 you cannot get enough people to harvest no matter how much you pay , how much you advertise, how much you pay head hunters.. If you want to harvest with documented workers, you hire a compamy that will have the people and you will quickly find out that that company workers are all illegal as well actually you probably know the employees, they are the guys you did not hire because they were illegal. Those companies change names on a regular basis..

This way you pay more for the workers but that Company is liable not you..

2 you cannot find US workers who even apply for the job and if there was one my bet is that he could not keep up . The workers worked in team and the team was paid by the ton and would Split the money. If the tea, felt that you did not keep up they would kick the slow worker out.

3 In California you have to hire the most qualify worker and then check if he is documented. You have to give him 3 days to get his papers and then let him go if his papers are not correct...which totally screws up your labor forcé for the harvest..Grapes have to be harvested the day they are reay not 3 days later and after you let the worker go you cannot find another one because all the good guys have been hired.

Please tell me how employers can get visas for day laborers.... You simply have no clue.

Spot on!

February 2, 1848 - The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo is signed between the United States and Mexico, ending the Mexican-American War.

The war began two years earlier over the loss of Texas and The U.S.’s desire for more of Mexico’s northern lands, including California, Arizona, and New Mexico.

The Americans had captured Mexico City by September of 1847. When Mexico was forced to enter negotiations to end the war, it lost nearly half of its land to the United States, including California, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and Texas.

Those articles of the Treaty which guaranteed the rights of Mexicans and Native Americans living in what became the Southwest United States were often ignored; many lost their land and rights and were not given citizenship until decades later. It is still common today for the Border Patrol to deport U.S. citizens, they say, “by mistake”.

If the USA were to lose half of the country/territory in some sort of war, you would have to wonder how many Americans would be trying to enter that territory later.

Immigrants from the USA pushed into Mexico, namely Texas and California, with the blessing of the US government until they tipped the scales in their favor, and they seceded from Mexico, demanding independence (in both states for a while) and/or annexation to the US.

It wasn't as though God designated what territory belonged to whom, but was some man made contrivance at the time called "Manifest Destiny" and a superior military.

At least the Mexican immigrants returning to their former lands are not demanding independence or reunification with Mexico.

Sovereignty seems to carry a whole lot more weight today with Trump and his ilk than it did with Polk and his ilk a 170 years ago.

Archived