Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for breeder of std. poodles

There is a volunteer at Lucky Dog (Janet K) who has standard poodles, although I think she imported them, but she could know a local breeder.

Also, you could check with Drs. Antonio and Hector Ladron at their clinic in Riberas -- in their extensive client list they might know of someone.

Or, if you send a message to: artthedogguy@yahoo.com he might be able to help. He's a local dog trainer with many connections, plus he has a special list for people wanting to re-home and/or adopt large breed purebreds, and might have something up his sleeve.

Al Berca people have a right to choose what dog and breed they want!. I have two shelter adoptees and... a standard poodle. He was purchased here. Willie I am not sure his breeder is still breeding. Janet's dogs were imported. If you email me privately I can give you what info I have about my poodle's breeder. I know she moved so it may have been her that you met.

Thank for all for your suggestions...this is for some long time friends of ours that have had std poodles from the Phoenix rescue group for many years but now live full time in Mexico and their old girl is now up in years and they are thinking of the future. I will pass all this along to them.

Depending on your friend's age, health and activity level, they may want to consider trying to adopt another Rescue dog through Poodle Club of America Breed Rescue. Puppies can be a real pain in the arse - especially as we grow older. I have fostered a couple of puppies for The Ranch and we all agree - dogs and people - no puppies long term ever. Temporary fosters ONLY.

http://www.poodleclubofamerica.org/all-about-poodles/find-a-poodle/rescue/rescue-referrals

Unbelievably, there is a rescue group for every known breed of dog in the US! WAAAY too many alleged humans regard their pet families as disposable items....I had the privilege of being on the board of Pug Recue of Southeast Texas for many years and that is why Pea is my 19th baby. When "101 Dalmatians" came out, breeders produced thousands of pups...many of whom hit shelters a year or two later. Same with "Milo and Otis", and all those adorable pug pups who actually turned out to have particular needs, NOT movie stereotypes, always perfect and not in need of training!

I do appreciate one having a particular affinity for a particular breed and I respect that. I have had big street-dog rescues I have loved with all my heart, and yet there is always room for another pug. At Pea's age, we won't be considering another til our circumstances change, and I pray that day is well off in the future!

When looking for our 5th standard in 47 years of marriage, I contacted every poodle rescue I could find. They didn't want anything to do with people living in mexico. I guess they were afraid we'd eat the dogs. One even took me for a $50 registration fee and then refused to respond to my emails. They all want to be able to do onsite visits. The registration questionnaires are ridiculous.

Archived