It invites you to visit their new restaurant concept

We have monthly promotions and very affordable prices

We accept cards and cash

Lake view under a palapa

reservations

Ricardo Ibarra 3311172325

3310070216 Oscar Ibarra

tripadvisor-facebook-googlemaps-instagram

Located just on the left side of the Chapala paved road heading towards Vista del Lago. Very nice offerings, good Marg's and a nice place. Well worth a visit as a change of pace.

Always one of my favorites! Wonderful food with great service and the views and breeze upstairs are great.

Valerie :)

If you know where the Old Train Station is, drive past it heading east. You come to where Calle Pepe Gazar ends to your left and straight ahead the paved road to Vista Del Lago/Lucky Dog/Mezcala begins. As soon as you are on pavement and to your left is the restaurant, two story with palapa covered mirado.

Or, head up Francisco Medero from the intersection of Hildago ( the fountain intersections) and drive toward Soriana. At the traffic light just before entering the Soriana lateral turn right onto Pepe Gazar and go to where it ends. Turn left onto paved road and there is the restaurant on your left.

"La Letra Ch" appears to refer to the first two letters in "Chapala", possibly?

Very nicely prepared food and lovely atmosphere. Just don't eat the lettuce plate accents.

It is across the road (lakeside highway) from the Penguinos seafood shack.

BTW - there is a lovely small hotel connected with this restaurant, behind it. Beautiful rooms.

Cedros (and others), one of the ways i find "new to me" places here around the Lake is by reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. Just google "trip advisor lake chapala restaurants" or something similar and then check them out. This is how i found Letra Ch originally. And if you've a mind to, write a review (ideally with some photos included).

Isn't this a direct ad that the OP just posted? Didn't a young man's post get deleted recently for advertising his service?

If this is a good restaurant--and it sounds as if it is from the posts that follow the OP's, then why don't these posters start a thread with their recommendation of it and their experiences there? That would be fair.

Lexy

No, this is allowed. The thread will be moved to the Lakeside Restaurant/Bistro Happenings forum which is for owners to post this sort of thing. People wanted to know where it is and that led to other commentary which normally would be in La Cocina forum. The confusion regarding the two forums is ongoing. No harm. No foul.

Look at your Spanish dictionary. It is arranged alphabetically by letter: A,B,C,CH,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,LL,M, etc.....

The letter CH is a single letter in Spanish. There are other double letters which are very useful.

No, this is allowed. The thread will be moved to the Lakeside Restaurant/Bistro Happenings forum which is for owners to post this sort of thing. People wanted to know where it is and that led to other commentary which normally would be in La Cocina forum. The confusion regarding the two forums is ongoing. No harm. No foul.

Yes, but. . . .isn't that other forum for Happenings, like when a place is having a menu change or a special band appearance?

Lexy

The description of the forum is fairly vague, leaving lots of leeway in my opinion. It says, "Specific information about menus, specials, entertainers by restaurant owners."

I am not sure why you find this thread so offensive. But if you feel this post violates rules, PM a moderator.

Look at your Spanish dictionary. It is arranged alphabetically by letter: A,B,C,CH,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,LL,M, etc.....

The letter CH is a single letter in Spanish. There are other double letters which are very useful.

No more RV.....old boys like you and me have to get up to date.

The powers to be of the Spanish language have relegated CH to the achives and CH has to fall in line alphabetically like any other letter(s).

The restaurant can do anything it likes as they will not be raided by the language police.

The description of the forum is fairly vague, leaving lots of leeway in my opinion. It says, "Specific information about menus, specials, entertainers by restaurant owners."

I am not sure why you find this thread so offensive. But if you feel this post violates rules, PM a moderator.

Xena--I didn't say I found the thread offensive. I said it appears to be an out-and-out ad. It doesn't seem to fit the rules as described by the website's forum descriptions. And ads are not allowed. However I suggested a solution that would bring the deserving restaurant attention by happy clients if they wished to post a good dining experience. That's the way we spread the word about restaurants without them having do it for themselves--which is called advertising.

Nevertheless the OP managed to bring forth a response from satisfied customers. Done!

Lexy

Archived