Chapala.com Webboard

electric blanket

Stymie

I`ve check several times over the last couple of years, never found one at Walmart. Pharm. Christina has a heating pad although rather pricey at eight hundred pesos and small. I found a nice one at Barbara Bazar, probably came from NOB and ended up there.

thanks all, my college roommate used one while the 2 others froze. he would turn it on a few minutes before and then turn it off when getting into bed. then he would taunt us. I was tempted more than once to do nasty things to that blanket. last winter was my first full winter in Ajijic and there were a few nights when I just didn't have enough blankets.

i agree electric blanket and heating makes you feel good, but not healthy.

example heating pad feels good when laying down, but swell sciatic never, hurts when you get up and move.

do the research, do your own due diligence.

use the electric blanket to heat the bed, then turn it off .

not not sleep in a electric field. with the heating blanket on.

instead of dry heat, use moist heat pads, heated in hot water, wrapped in a towel.

moist heat will help any tight muscle.

the new aches and pains you will be having is from the electricity and dry heat.

I am also suggesting a down quilt. We brought two of them when we were moving down here only to use as wraps around some large artwork, never thinking we'd ever have use for them later. But the cold winter nights in Ajijic surprised us. We've been using them ever since. Really, really warm.

I find the idea of electric blankets scary.

Lexy

Guest bennie2

i have a single weight down for most of the year. a double weight for nov thru jan. i send them out to be washed in the machine & dried. used the double weight in brutal winters below zero w/no heat in the house. cant go wrong.

not not sleep in a electric field. with the heating blanket on.

Right... Do not sleep in a electric magnetic field.

Also that laptop, should have a shield if on your lap, and only plugged in when charging (not when using).

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/avoiding-emf-exposure-laptops-notebooks/

Archived