Chapala.com Webboard

Magana Restaurant

ned small

He will continue the book exchange and the pet products.

are you talking about the same Jeffery? Didn't know Magana had pet products. Maybe he does have pet products. Haven't been in Maganas for years. Was offended by all his signs, his attitude and how hot the restaurant with the tin roof gets.

Jeffrey has opened a natural, raw dog food business next to the restaurant. I didn't realize he was closing the restaurant. I think that's too bad because I liked some things on his menu. I don't find his signs or him offensive.

I enjoy Jeffrey and I love his signs. He's charming and reminds me of what I like about England.

Sure am sorry to read that he's closing the restaurant. I've enjoyed many wonderful meals there. I found his sense of humor refreshing and straight forward. I hope his new venture is a success!

Valerie :)

Sure am sorry to read that he's closing the restaurant. I've enjoyed many wonderful meals there. I found his sense of humor refreshing and straight forward. I hope his new venture is a success!

Valerie :)

I loved the place and Jeffrey also. Will probably draw the line at eating raw dog food to support him though.

I'm with Lakeside7. I didn't find the signs "charming" or "quirky" or anything else. No, they didn't apply to me, but that didn't mean they were any less rude. I also tried the place twice and had crap food. Both times the batter was undercooked. Maybe I caught them on off days, but two strikes and that's it for me. Having said that, I do wish him success in his new endeavor.

We have always enjoyed Jeffrey's food and thought the signs were funny. Jeffrey was always very friendly with us and even brought out the recipe for a pie we enjoyed so that my husband could start making it at home. He explained in detail all the steps to insure we understood it all.

Hope he enjoys his new venture.

I had lunch there the week before last. I asked Jeffrey if he would expand his hours for high season. He said no. His hours are 12-2:30 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. He has the pet food, and natural herb products available. He resized his operation for the smaller lunch crowd.

We have always enjoyed Magana, and especially enjoy Jeffrey. For people who don't like his signs, too bad. He's always done the best to accomodate his customers. I wish he wasn't limiting his hours.

Sometimes people forget how difficult it is to run a restaurant. I believe he's done a great job.

Archived