Chapala.com Webboard

WARNING: Driving to the Border at Laredo

maxx

Our friend drove to Laredo Monday, August 31st. They left early, taking toll roads. Outside of Saltiillo they spotted some commotion ahead and began slowing down. It looked, according to my friend, like a military checkpoint. But something looked wrong. They were in black uniforms and they weren't all quite the same. Too late to turn and run. The men were well armed. They were ordered out of the car. Three of the uniformed men got in the car and began searching. "What are you looking for?" "Drugs." "There aren't any drugs." The search continued until they were decided to get out. "Empty your pockets." They complied. The "soldier." took all their money, 15,000 pesos and 1,000 dollars. When our friend began to protest, they threatened to take the car too.

No, they weren't soldiers, they were cartel. Along with my friend there were six others stopped and robbed.

All on the way to the border at 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

Is it possible to define the location better? Were your friends on the toll road around Saltillo, from Matehuala, or on the free road to Saltillo from Aguas? That free road can get pretty lonesome at times.

Is it possible to define the location better? Were your friends on the toll road around Saltillo, from Matehuala, or on the free road to Saltillo from Aguas? That free road can get pretty lonesome at times.

I will ask, as son as he returns, later today. He said they had to traverse a section of free road outside of Saltillo, but I'll get more precise location as soon as I can.

Guest bennie2

why is anyone surprised? sameold sameold. you should not be there to begin with. then again, its your choice. cant wrap my head around what people are thinking.

bennie2, can you please tell us why they should not be there to begin with? They were driving to the border, mostly on toll roads. Thousands do it without problems.

Perhaps you can explain why you can't wrap your head around what people are doing? Really, I'd like to know.

I think bennie is trying to ask people to differentiate between what SHOULD be reality and what IS the reality, not that he/she disagrees with you. But bennie being bennie I may be in for a lecture!

please try and get a good location for this incident. I left concepcion del oro at 7am on tuesday the 1st of sept and drove thru saltillo then on the laredo and columbia bridge. i wonder if it was on the matehuala road south of saltillo or the concepcion del oro-zacatecas side south of saltillo. its pretty lonely out there . i had no problems but it could happen anywhere.

I will ask, as son as he returns, later today. He said they had to traverse a section of free road outside of Saltillo, but I'll get more precise location as soon as I can.

Yes, it was the short stretch between Matehuala and Saltillo. About half way between the two.

Archived