Chapala.com Webboard

GLOBOS...how to?

catinmex

Not sure I understand your question. Do you want to make one? Or have one made?

I don't think you have to register, given that it's not a contest or anything. I think you can just show up and launch. But I know someone who belongs to a team making balloons so can find out more.

The construction seminar was 2 weeks ago. They announce in the Guad Reporter and it is a free clinic taking a couple of hours and two days as you have to allow the glue to dry. It is an extremly interesting process. Launch is on the 12 Sept at the soccer field across the street from Salvadors Restaurant, folks will start launching between noon and 1:00 depending on wind.

You are most welcome to join the Presbyterian Church group whether you made your globo with us or not. Last year we were against the west wall roughly opposite the main entrance gate. I think we started launching about 3. I'll try to find out more specifics and post here or PM you.

If nothing else, Pea would be traumatized by the crowds and the noise. If Pea's participation is a requirement for your participation it might be best if you both just waited for the photos and videos that are annually posted which can be safely viewed at home. However, if you can find a Pea sitter, it could be the most fun you will have all year!

Archived