Chapala.com Webboard

Car Emissions testing

dearle

Does anyone know of a mechanic shop in the lakeside area that is approved to do emissions testing and provide the government sticker?

They are trying to get serious again in GDL. Just simpler to get it done. I go into GDL. regularly and don't need the hassle.

As far as I know, this is the only emission test place Lakeside. I took a vehicle there in April this year.

CONTROL VERIFICATION
CALLE ZARAGOZA #375
CHAPALA CENTRO

PHONE (37) 67 65 21 41

TURN LEFT AT THE LIGHTS IN CHAPALA
TAKE THE SECOND STREET TO THE RIGHT
THEN CONTINUE DOWN THE SECOND STREET FOR TWO BLOCKS. TURN LEFT ONTO ZARAGOZA. CONTROL IS ABOUT HALF A BLOCK UP ON THE RIGHT,

CONTROL VERIFICATION
CALLE ZARAGOZA #375
CHAPALA CENTRO

PHONE (37) 67 65 21 41

There was some discussion on another thread about emissions testing not being available until October, however, I got mine done there this morning for 300 pesos. Not surprisingly, my car that is only 4 months old passed.

They not make test now, you need to waith to october, or if you mexican plate finish in the numbers 1-6 they can make your ticket, if you have the number 7-9 you have to waith to octuber, try to find a very honest mecanic to make your ticket, suerte.

That's not correct. My plate ends in 7. There is a chart on the wall of the emissions testing area as well as on the back of the offical Jalisco receipt stating "terminacion de la placa 7, Agosto".

I had to take my car to the dealer In Guadalajara the other day. The last number on the plate is 9. As we are so close to September I asked if I could have the emission test done that day. They told me that I couldn't get it done and should wait until October. Last year I know they did it in September - perhaps they meant that I had to do it somewhere between September and the end of October.

It is true that August is the normal time for plates ending in 7. However, testing is temporarily suspended until October, according to other postings on this board and other boards.

If in doubt, go the the testing station on Zaragosa and inquire in person.

Testing is going ahead at both stations-Chapala and Jocotepec. I had mine done recently. Some days they can't do it because of technical problems-no internet, equipment malfunction, etc.

We had ours done in Joco yesterday morning (without an appointment); it took about half an hour and cost 350 pesos. According to the last digit on our license plate, testing should have been done in June, which the guy mentioned, but as we explained, the vehicle is new to us and we were just bringing the emissions test up to date. Nice guys, we will go back there next year.

We had ours done in Joco yesterday morning (without an appointment); it took about half an hour and cost 350 pesos. According to the last digit on our license plate, testing should have been done in June, which the guy mentioned, but as we explained, the vehicle is new to us and we were just bringing the emissions test up to date. Nice guys, we will go back there next year.

Would you mind telling us where you went in Joco. Is it at Ochoas's garage, on the left before entering the village, about on km before the lighs?

No.

Coming from the east. When you come to the first traffic light in Jocotepec turn left and follow the old truck route through Jocotepec. Right at the Cuba restaurant onto Vincente Guerro. Continue on this through 3 traffic lights. About a block past the last light (at Independicia) there is a tope. The testing place is here on the right. There is a sign. Next door to a car wash. Across the street from Pepe Pollo.

No.

Coming from the east. When you come to the first traffic light in Jocotepec turn left and follow the old truck route through Jocotepec. Right at the Cuba restaurant onto Vincente Guerro. Continue on this through 3 traffic lights. About a block past the last light (at Independicia) there is a tope. The testing place is here on the right. There is a sign. Next door to a car wash. Across the street from Pepe Pollo.

Wow! Thanks cedros. This is a very good explanation. I can't miss it.

• 2 months later...

Archived