Chapala.com Webboard

Water and sewer issues in Riberas

Earl

I've looked for old discussions but can't find anything more recent than 2011-12. I recall someone saying that they could provide info on which streets had the worst water problems as far as dirt and sand and supply interruptions. I think the sewer problems were also a part of that discussion and also wells and which wells serviced which streets.

If anyone could shed light on which streets have the worst water problems, that would be great, and thank you. You can also PM me, and I will provide a phone number if calling me is easier.

Aside from the debris in the wells, any opening, any leaks in the water mains will suck sand & dirt back into the lines once the pumps are turned off. On a restart the next day all this debris gets into your storage tank. Hence we residents try & report to Simapa? The fix usually takes far longer than necessary. In my experience weeks, I send maps pictures & a translated notice. You really need a good primary filter before the storage tank which is not always easy or cost effective as filters are expensive. We have a Zeolite filter on auto backwash between the Aljibie & the UV purifier then a charcoal smell & taste filter. 2 years now & all seems to be working well.

• 3 months later...

Aside from the debris in the wells, any opening, any leaks in the water mains will suck sand & dirt back into the lines once the pumps are turned off. On a restart the next day all this debris gets into your storage tank. Hence we residents try & report to Simapa? The fix usually takes far longer than necessary. In my experience weeks, I send maps pictures & a translated notice. You really need a good primary filter before the storage tank which is not always easy or cost effective as filters are expensive. We have a Zeolite filter on auto backwash between the Aljibie & the UV purifier then a charcoal smell & taste filter. 2 years now & all seems to be working well.

Is there a brand on your zeolite filter system?

I didn't think there were any sewers in Riberas. I live in upper and we are all on septic. Years ago (maybe 6 or so) there were meetings talking about bringing sewers to Riberas but nothing ever happened.

I do believe that the water that comes into our aljibes in Riberas is very high in minerals and has lots of sand in it. I think there was a second well activated several years ago but I can't say that I've seen a difference in the water. Cleaning your aljibe more frequently will help remove some of the sludge from the water.

• 3 years later...