Chapala.com Webboard

electric leaf blower

Ask at a hardware store, like the one next to TelMex. Many have a catalog and can order what you want from Guad.

Carol

When I went looking for one a few years ago I had to go to Guad and at Home Depot the small one was at that time $820p, the same thing NOB is about $35. So, I bought NOB and imported it for my gardener. And, as far as neighbors not liking it? - nobody blows leaves at midnight unlike music until all hours and barking dogs with no "off" switch.

• Like 2

In the dry season you will be contributing to poor air quality. These machines do not know the difference between grass leaves dirt dust or dried doggy do: everything gets air borne. I have asked our gardeners to never use them. Brooms are so simple & do not spoil the air quality.

• Like 1

Oh please, no more leaf blowers. They are so noisy as compared to the nice old fashioned swish of a homemade mexican broom. Our neighbour has one and I would like to grab it and throw it into the lake. He revs it up and down up and down to get a leaf out of a crack. Sooo annoying. Please lets not add more noise to our Enviroment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my case we had eight foot compound walls, so that didn't work out - although it didn't stop me from chucking fallen palm fronds over the wall into the vacant lot next door as is traditional locally - and to be fair, several of the palms were on the lot line so depending on the wind, most fell over there anyway, I just added to the collection.

• Like 1

My leaf blower is also a vacuumn, so leaves are sucked up, chewed up, and spewed into a bag. Great if you have a compost heap! While I, too, don't especially like the noise, it is easier on this ole girl's back to heft the blower/vacuumn than to swish a broom. Sorry, I don't have a gardener, but maybe soon. He will like the instrument, too. I'm sure.

• 3 years later...