Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico Departure tax

nana

I have heard here on the forum that someone had claimed a refund of the Mexcian airport tax with success.

I never knew if I paid that tax as I never received the breakdown from the airrline. Now I have the fare information in front of me, and I'm wondering if, as a resident of Mexico, I'm supposed to pay the $45.00 departure tax.

I believe it would only apply on international flights.

Would anyone know about this?

The refunds of the inappropriate INM visitor visa amounts charged by some airlines are roughly $26 or $27 US dollars for the flight entering Mexico, so look for that size of charge, sometimes buried/bundled in with airlines "taxes".

When we book from inside Mexico, with round trip flights originating in Mexico, a number of airlines are now not charging the INM Visitor Visa charge for us residents with Residente Temporal or Residente Permanente visas

Our last sets of tickets from Frontier, United, and Southwest did not include the INM visa charge.

This is with United -- Fare Information breakdown.

I booked on line, and the only reason I received this information is because I was using my points and had to pay only the taxes, which showed as followed:

U.S. Customs User Fee: $11.

U.S. Immigration User Fee: $14. -- Would it be UK (tourist fee)? It's charged by the US not Mexico.

U.S. APHIS User Fee: $10.

September 11th Security Fee: $5.

Mexico Departure Tax: $43.76

Then the next four entries were from the country I was going to (not the US), which had a Departure Tax of $37.50 also. But no Immigration user fee.

Why should we pay a Mexico departure tax if we live in Mexico? I believe that's the one they should not be charging.

I see no

Archived