Chapala.com Webboard

Some good news finally/ maybe

HarryB

Our wonderful community reporter Dale Palfrey seems to have asked Chapala Presidente Huerta what he felt about the expats collecting money to fix their streets, Apparently, El Pres got embarrassed and called Delegado Hector and told him that El Pres. would get the streets fixed and to submit a list.

Tempesque and Las Salvias will be at the top of the list.

here is your chance Ajijicers, Send me your needs.

Our wonderful community reporter Dale Palfrey seems to have asked Chapala Presidente Huerta what he felt about the expats collecting money to fix their streets, Apparently, El Pres got embarrassed and called Delegado Hector and told him that El Pres. would get the streets fixed and to submit a list.

Tempesque and Las Salvias will be at the top of the list.

here is your chance Ajijicers, Send me your needs.

Ocampo and 16 Septembre are BAD. BUMP, DIP, CHATTER. Thanks to whoever is helping us. ^_^

Guest bennie2

is this for potholes only, or for sidewalks too? i know the businesses are responsible. (but they dont care to pay for cement)? i was out today, it was really difficult for me. there were also elderly mexicans carrying pails/bags, w/canes slipping around.

I'd like to add that the edges of the highway, all through Riberas, are dangerously chopped up. Have been for years, and just keep getting worse and worse. So, whenever you try to turn into a street or a business, you are faced with some pretty severe potential trauma to your car. Worse, perhaps much worse, is that people getting off the highway therefore have to slow down to pretty much a stop, which amazingly hasn't resulted in too many serious car pileups yet. Yet.

The worst and most neglected streets are in Riberas. Without a doubt!

There are potholes as large as your swimming pools that stay filled with water

and you almost have to swim across.

Harry, are you focusing on Ajijic only? If I understand correctly, Riberas is part of Chapala proper, and unloved and forgotten part, but still Riberas. Also, are the streets of La Canacita private or public?

Great job to both you and Dale, by the way.

I did answer the Riberas question on the other thread. Hector is the Ajijic delegado. I am the Ajijic Delegado Community Liaison. We can only address our village. Other areas/ villages need to standup and fight for themselves. Even then the victories will be few, but, sweet. I've been preaching this for going on three years.

Yes, my kind of question. Riberas is part of Chapala proper, but the forgotten cousin. Nothing ever gets done here. Nothing.

You're absolutely right but what Harry is telling you is that Riberas needs to organize and start putting the heat on our non-performing Chapala government just as Hector and Harry have led for Ajijic.

(Posted in the wrong thread, so here it is again.)

If it's not too late for submissions…..Galeana above the carretera, between the Pemex and El Bar Co, has some deep holes thanks to the construction material lot behind Pemex. Donato Guerra between Constitución and the carretera has some bad spots, too.

You're absolutely right but what Harry is telling you is that Riberas needs to organize and start putting the heat on our non-performing Chapala government just as Hector and Harry have led for Ajijic.

Point well taken. But I also did not see the answer to the other thread until the same time I saw this one, and just now.

I'm extending the list. I'll let everyone know if/when the workers show. The offer of cokes is the best thing we can do for the workers to make sure they remember us!

Archived