Chapala.com Webboard

Roberto's for lunch

holdrja

We had lunch at Roberto's yesterday, always a lovely experience and such nice ambiance. Lunch menu was immediately given, with the 50-peso lunch specials listed at the top of the page. I had the 50-peso enchiladas suizas special - 3 tortillas stuffed with chicken and with a nice sauce on top, plus veggies and rice. A lovely little Caesar salad was an extra 10 pesos. The meal started with the usual complimentary carrot fritters, and a bread basket.

My hubby Frank splurged and got the 70 peso Mongolian beef which was scrumptious. He also got a side salad for 10 pesos, although he could have gotten soup for that amount.

Portions were quite generous - we took half of them home, and just now made dinner out of the leftovers.

I always have a Cosmo when we go to Roberto's, it's my "go to" drink for there. Never drink them anywhere else. Very nicely done, up, in a martini glass that was full to the brim, for 50 pesos. Frank's beer was 30 pesos.

What is sad is that, Friday at 1 pm, we were the only customers. Hopefully more people will remember this "oldie but goodie" for lunch. The "2 for 1" Friday night is always packed, and so is the Saturday night music + 99 peso steaks deal.

Great crowd for brunch this morning. Close to 3/4 filled. An interesting change that I have noticed there for Sunday Brunch over the last several months is an increasing number of fairly large Mexican families with their children enjoying brunch there, also. Had to be close to 50% this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived