Chapala.com Webboard

TELECABLE HD

klm

Now that my favorite Telecable stations have disappeared, I am thinking of switching to Telecable HD.....how many of the new channels are in English? Also, does that SAP thing work with HD......I had some success in reversing the dubbed stations back into English using that feature.

The HD channels are those numbered between 701 and 789. Most of them are simulcast in SD digital format on those channels between 101 and 654.

Local HD channels from Guadalajara, DF, etc are not simulcast in English, However many of the channels carrying HBO, and other programming whose first language is another country will play in that language when using the SAP settings. Most are in English however upon occasion the language will be Dutch, German etc. Today one was in what I think is Chinese.

Oh the channels numbered above 900 are audio music channels. I'm guessing that about 1/3 of the channels are music popular in the US, Canada, etc

• 2 weeks later...

Went to switch to HD but was told that if I did, I'd lose the major networks. Apparently I can get CNN and other stations, but not ABC, CBS, NBC. Can't figure this out.

Carol

They have handouts at the Telecable office. There are many packages starting with the minimum digital of $30 pesos per month, plus of course the digital "Decodificado" which you can either rent or purchase.

Sadly I do not have a handout with me. But you can always go on line to www.telecable.net.mx and after a few clicks you should be able to get the info on line.

I just went to http://www.telecable.net.mx/tvDigital.aspxand it would appear that if you start there, and go to the link you are interested in it will explain everything. It's in Spanish of course.

That is not true Carol. It is true that the 4 network channels are not part of the digital package, but you still get the analog package, the one that gives you the US network channels.

Just make sure that when Telecable installs your HD receiver they put in a splitter to give you both HD and the old analog signal. You have to have 2 inputs to your TV and you select them through your TV "Input" selection. The old channels that have the networks will come in on your "TV/Cable" input and the HD will come in on our "HD" input.

When they installed my HD receiver the guy didn't put in the splitter at first and I said "hey wait a minute, where are my old channels"? So he then installed the splitter. So that isn't automatic, at least it wasn't for me, so make sure you let them know that you want to keep your old reception as well as the new HD reception. They are two separate things and two separate inputs to your TV.

Oasiscloud is right use a splitter put one cable into digital box and plug other into normal TV input. You have to hit source/input on your TV and switch back and forth. Reason is we use dish network to get US channels and they can't put digital directly into cable thus still having to use analog tuner.

Archived