Chapala.com Webboard

Papelerias closed/moved

maggiemae

Oh dear...my favorite papeleria, Trinidad (on the Carretera & A. Lloyd Drive) has closed; so I went to my second favorite copy shop in Plaza Montana only to find that it has moved. The sign on the latter's door gave the new address as something like "Carretera 29B" and "from OXXO." I have no idea what "from OXXO" means nor can I find the street number.

Does anyone know where the former papeleria in Plaza Montana is now located?

From an Aug 14th post by El Cartero;

"no longer at Montoya (sic) Plaza - now across from the Priza (sic) store west of Oxxo. So still close, just the other side of the street and east a bit" in Ajijic

Copy Ribera is on the Carretera one door west of the Trattoria de Axixic restaurant, directly across from the OXXO convenience store and Intercam bank. It is in the storefront where Melissa's Tortillas and Guisados was formerly located.

It is in the storefront where Melissa's Tortillas and Guisados was formerly located.

Or the "Sony Store" before that! It's funny how you can date-age expats here by "what was there before what is there now" stuff. I wonder what pre-dated the "Sony Store"? (I miss Melissa's, by the way. Dang.)

To the OP, you can't miss it based on the above info. It's right there.

• 2 months later...

I was in Trinidad about a month ago. There was virtually no inventory and it took the guy about 15 minutes of fiddling with various machines to make some basic copies for me. I had hoped to make the copies on card stock but they had none, nor did they have colored paper.

The updated version of the papeleria that used to be in Plaza Montana is my new favorite. Lots of variety in stock, very efficient service. They laminate and I think they print in color, a service that is very hard to find around here and that I haven't tried to use yet. Highly recommended. The only problem I've had is that they are frequently closed during what they have posted as normal business hours, but that situation seems to be improving.

The new papeleria that was formerly known as Trinidad is probably the most expensive place on earth to have copies made, and my experience was similar to Sambrit. The older guy (the owner it seemed) could not figure out how to work the copiers and was also trying to train a young guy. I have never been disappointed with Brenda (formerly in Plaza Montana, now in new location) and am done trying other places just because they are convenient to where I live. If you need good service and reliability, go to Brenda.

Archived