Chapala.com Webboard

Desk/secretarial chairs

JRPJR

Am I likely to find these locally or is a trip to Office, Depot in the.cards? Don't mind the drive but prefer to buy locally. A bizarre may not work as I need two matching chairs, with wheels.

We looked all over -- for weeks. Office Max, Office Depot, local stores...you name it we went there. Most chairs were uncomfortable, offered little back support, some poorly built and they werent cheap. Ended up buying an excellent, sturdy, adjustable chair in Costco. Its great - one of the best office chairs I have sat in.

We bought our matching leather office chairs on wheels at Costco. Very nice. The cat liked them also.

You might check Barbara's Bazaar for a very nice desk, a German company with a store in Guadalajara. It's one of ours. We had room for only one when we moved. It's an L-shaped desk, grey top with black trim, black steel legs. Modern. Good looking. We gave it to Barbara's on consignment.

Lexy

We found office depot up the road from Costco had many chairs to offer. We found they had many different sizes as we have short legs. Longer leg expats may have more problems finding comfortable chairs and might find the Costco chair to fit better. Short folks should not have any problem finding a comfortable chair. Mexicans are shorter than NOB folks I believe is the reason.

Thanks all. We bought two chairs at Costco yesterday. Reasonably priced, a snap to assemble, and quite comfortable. These are the same chairs that I have seen at Costco in the states.

Archived