Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic potholes

HarryB

The flat pavers are nice, but without a very good bed, they don‘t stay flat. However, they have the same benefits as cobblestones, in that they can be lifted and replaced easily. Many streets at Lakeside are laid upon mush, which gets mushier in the rainy season. WIthin the mush lie the water and sewer systems.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just coughed up $300 pesos per family on my block to fix our street (SAT) which had gotten so bad from the rain that for several weeks the garbage truck couldn't get up here, let alone an ambulance in an emergency. We were told the exact same thing - there are guys to fix the cobblestones but no materials. Within hours after we all paid up, a crew was on site working on the road and now all is well. Maybe a little funky, but it sure worked!

We get all the government we deserve. Avery old saying. If no one stands up and holds them accountable they do what they want - which is take care of themselves. That is the political way.

While there is some truth to that saying I still have problems with it,did Cambodians deserve Pol Pot,did Americans deserve Bush/Cheney,did Nicaraugans deserve Somoza,did Mexicans deserve Salinas de Gotari,etc.etc..

Guest bennie2

this is starting to get politico. most elections are fixed every where, yes in my home country so big deal. if harry wants to blame residents, i wish he would not use the word "we"- (speak for yourself H). how does someone living in mexico "hold the govt accountable"? you cant hold city hall hostage, can you??

That's what makes the world interesting. If we all agreed about everything it would be a dull place indeed. You hit the key word though, respectfully, and I second that.

Guest bennie2

as if the old admin is different from the new admin? what ever floats your boat. the expectations of expats far exceed what others expect. good luck anyway.

But, we can't help Riberas. Only Riberas can help Riberas; by going to their regidores and raising hell. Do nothing and they will happily spend their time taking care of themselves. You know where that leads. No where and empty tax coffers.

But, we can't help Riberas. Only Riberas can help Riberas; by going to their regidores and raising hell. Do nothing and they will happily spend their time taking care of themselves. You know where that leads. No where and empty tax coffers.

Anyone happen to know who the regidores are? And do they swap out as aldermen when the municipal gov't changes?

yes they will change October 1. You still have time to light a fire under their asses and get something. be sure they will be spending your tax money right up to the day they leave. You should also know and remember their names for the future. Remember what they have not done for you.

Archived