Chapala.com Webboard

Call Susie. She will meet you at the Joco SP hospital and guide you through the procedure and tell you want you need to bring.

She works part time at a family store and her phone will be turned off when she is working so try calling early in the morning or late afternoon.

331 599 1301

I think that and the fees were posted earlier, but since it is primarily a maternity hospital and treats some emergencies why go there if you are not a member? Almost all the clinics and doctors here are affordable, so why squeeze out the local people who really need SP?

I think that and the fees were posted earlier, but since it is primarily a maternity hospital and treats some emergencies why go there if you are not a member? Almost all the clinics and doctors here are affordable, so why squeeze out the local people who really need SP?

I agree. The poorer Mexicans need it much more than we do.

For those interested in registering, aka enrolling, in SP, Wes Fink has posted 3 articles on the Lake Chapala Reporter regarding the procedures.

Here's a recent article on the new Joco hospital and emergency services.

http://lakechapalareporter.com/dial-066-for-emergency-a-visit-to-the-new-jocotepec-community-hospital/

I've enrolled at Chapala SP but have yet to visit the Joco hospital, so don't know if enrollment possible there.

Can you please indicate where you get the info that the hospital is "primary a maternity'

Why would anyone want to be taken to that hospital in the event of a heart attack or stroke, which require special skills.

Can you please indicate where you get the info that the hospital is "primary a maternity'

Why would anyone want to be taken to that hospital in the event of a heart attack or stroke, which require special skills.

Right, but some people in order to save a few pesos will waste their valuable time going to a hospital that does not treat heart attacks or strokes. The hospital will transfer patients to the Civil Hospital in Guadalajara. If someone is in Chapala or Ajijic why go all the way to Joco and there are many 24 hour clinics closer to them that will transfer them to Guadalajara. I don't know what is the attraction to the Joco SP hospital if one is not pregnant. It is not a 24 hour all purpose hospital.

This has been posted twice previously in this same thread:

http://lakechapalareporter.com/dial-066-for-emergency-a-visit-to-the-new-jocotepec-community-hospital/

Archived