Chapala.com Webboard

Checking out with INM when driving out via Nogales west side, where?

phxfunguy

Friends are driving a car out next month to sell in AZ. The owner is on an RT that will convert to an RP at the end of Sept. and the passenger is already on an RP. Each will be flying back home via Guad but at separate times. I did this process myself in 2013 in the first wave of new applications after the new rules came into effect and mine was one of the ones left on the back desk in Chapla for 3-4 months and ignored, so I was travelling on an exit letter only. I got the TIP sticker off at the booth in the far right hand lane at Km 21 and made no attempts to check out with INM, so just kept going, in fact I saw no INM office from looking over from that side. I have described to my friends how to do the TIP sticker process even if it looks like no one is in the booth. At first I drove through as the booth was empty and inquired at the little office just past it. They had me circle back through the southbound lanes and come to the booth again as the agent sitting inside was on the floor texting on her phone and I couldn't see her from my car nor did she respond to the noise of a car idling right outside the door (earphones in use)...I was told to bang on the door to get her attention and that worked!

I know from reading current threads that my friends both need to check out just like we do at the airport when leaving by filling out the stub on an FMM and getting their exit registered in the computer at INM. Since I didn't see the INM office even when making my circle to the other side and back, could someone advise where it is if there even is one at Km 21 leading to the Mariposa Road crossing west of Nogales? When I crossed the actual border I did see some buildings on the other side which may have been for INM southbound, but there is no way to get over to them from the lanes you use to exit. I know they don't make this requirement easy for us to complete from reading about doing it at Laredo, so help from someone who's done it at Nogales would be appreciated!

This' a 'Google Maps' satellite photo of the 21Km Aduana & INM area south of Nogales frontera = https://www.google.com/maps/@31.1629818,-110.9540279,269m/data=!3m1!1e3.

On the far right note the two small Aduana booths where the TIP will be removed and cancelled. To process with INM requires turning left off across the median into the parking lot area that you see in the photo. Park vehicle, walk south and enter the building displaying the INM sign adjacent the door.

Thanks. I had studied the street view scenes before on Google Maps and couldn't see an INM office but it must be in those buildings to the south of the lot as you described, so I'll show that picture to my friends before they leave.

Last year, I drove through on a Sunday and there was no one in the INM office. I do not know why. I was driving back so it did not matter anyway, but just something to note.

Archived