Chapala.com Webboard

seeking advice on granite counters

Marble & Granite Ajijic; Carr. Chapala - Jocotepec #234; 376-766-1306; Rudycompany.wix.com/marble-granite; email: rudycompany@gmail.com The owner's name is Rudy and they do an excellent job. We had them install our granite countertops in 2005 and then when we moved they came out and sanded and polished the marble counters in our new home.

There are granite sealers and polishes that you can use once in a while to keep your granite looking like new. They are very easy to use as you just spray and wipe. You can purchase these items, I believe, at Rudy's store front. If not, he can advise on the best ones to use. We used these products for a long time in the States and also here in Mexico but I have found I really like the "Old World" look :)

We just used Rudy to have Quartz counter tops installed. My understanding is that in Mexico the quartz is not engineered like in the US but real slabs cut just like granite or marble. The great thing about quartz is that it is way more "tuff" then granite or marble. It took Rudy three times more blades to cut our quartz then it did his granite slabs.

We had a much better choice of colors to choose from by choosing quartz. The two slabs we needed for our kitchen cost us $7000 US. The only maintenance on them is to occasionally rub them with the red oil our maid loves to use and leave it on overnight before rubbing it out. After three months we haven't had to do that yet to maintain it's shine.

Rudy's employees were prompt and cleaned up every evening before they left. My entire kitchen gut job took about 8 days.

We are thrilled with the results.

Marble & Granite Ajijic; Carr. Chapala - Jocotepec #234; 376-766-1306; Rudycompany.wix.com/marble-granite; email: rudycompany@gmail.com The owner's name is Rudy and they do an excellent job. We had them install our granite countertops in 2005 and then when we moved they came out and sanded and polished the marble counters in our new home.

There are granite sealers and polishes that you can use once in a while to keep your granite looking like new. They are very easy to use as you just spray and wipe. You can purchase these items, I believe, at Rudy's store front. If not, he can advise on the best ones to use. We used these products for a long time in the States and also here in Mexico but I have found I really like the "Old World" look :)

I went to Rudy's store today. They don't sell the granite sealers and polishes. So what to use?

• 2 years later...

Years later. My granite counters are still beautiful. I just wash them with the dish cloth when I'm using some soapy water in the sink.

On 8/10/2015 at 10:56 AM, Mainecoons said:

We had ours polished anew when we did some kitchen rehab. Brought them back to a like new shine.

Let me see if I can find the name and number of the guy who did it.

I know this is an old post but any contact info for a person to polish existing granite?

Edgar Amezcua is from Granite Fantasy. He would be a good contact. Just installed my counters and did a great job. Also I have an old fountain of polychromatic slate. He's cleaning that up and sealing it.

331 068 6029

Archived