Chapala.com Webboard

Renewing IMSS coverage

http://www.imss.gob.mx/tramites/imss02014

Click: "Ten presente estos puntos:

Asegura a tu familia para que puedan recibir servicios médicos en el IMSS."

Google Translation:

"Validity

• You can purchase insurance at any time of year

• Once you've included, medical services IMSS will start the first day of the following month

And take note ...

Age range

Annual Quota *

0 to 19 years $ 1,900.00

20 to 29 years $ 2,250.00

30 to 39 $ 2,400.00

40 to 49 years $ 3,400.00

50 to 59 years $ 3,600.00

60 to 69 years $ 5,200.00

70 to 79 years $ 5450.00

80 and more $ 5,500.00

“ * Prices in effect February 1, 2015 to January 31, 2016

• The annual fee is anticipated and is determined according to the age group you belong to every member of the insured group and is updated every year in February

• The benefits provided are hospital medical-surgical care, pharmaceutical and

• Non insurance are people who have: • Malignancies, chronic degenerative diseases (late complications of diabetes mellitus), hoarding diseases (Gaucher disease), chronic liver disease, chronic renal failure, heart valve disease, heart failure, ischemic heart disease sequels: a pre-existing, such as illness (arrhythmia, angina or myocardial infarction), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with respiratory failure, among others

• Chronic systemic connective tissue diseases, addictions like alcoholism and other substance abuse, mental disorders such as psychosis and dementia; congenital and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or Human Immunodeficiency Virus positive diseases (HIV)

• You can renew your Health Insurance for the Family, 30 days before the due date

• In any case, the IMSS will not reimburse all or part of the payments made, so it is very important that all information provided is correct and complete, especially referring to pre-existing conditions "

Ok Thanks for you post.

I have the cost , and the requirements. But this page seems to be for first time purchase...or is everything the same for renewal ?

I am assuming that everything can be done at the clinic on Gonzalez Gallo in Chapala?

Where do you pay you fee

Go to Chapala office, then go to Guadalajara to make payment. My office can help if needed, we renewed 2 today and made payments in Guadalajara although it took a few hours in Guad, they were very slow.

When you go to the Chapala office, take proof of your last year's payment forms and your tarjeton with you. See Vicky or Yolanda and the office "outside" and to the west of where Lorena sits. (Today Vicky was doing the paperwork.)

One of the ladies will make out the new forms for this year and have you check them over and sign.

Then you will take COPIES of last year's paid forms, this year's new forms, your tarjeton, proof of residence (copy and original), ID (eg PP or Permenente or FM -- copy and original), and go to the office on Calzada Independencia (a few blocks north of Libertad market).Tell person at desk just inside the door you are there for annual renewal. They will tell you where to go.

There, they will deal with you, give you a form to take to the bank to make your payment, and you will return (with copy of payment plus original) and go back for more form stuff. Eventually you will have done it.... all on your own!

PAYMENT IS DUE on or before last day of month prior to effective date (and you cannot do them in advance -- like in August for October). For example,. our effective dates are Sept 1 - Aug 31. So I have to do this in August or we lose our coverage and start from scratch! Recommend NOT waiting until very last day.....

Thank you Natasha. Very helpful.

My papers say:

AVISO DE INSCRIPCION EN LOS RENOVACION

INICIO TERMINO DEL AL MM AAAA

01/10/2014 30/09/2015 01 30 09 2015

"PAYMENT IS DUE on or before last day of month prior to effective date" Based on your information I would have to pay before the last day of September? Last years receipt shows paid 26th of Sept. Also do you know when I will need my fotos??

Thanks to all for the help.

You need to pay in September, but I would not leave it to the very end of the month. Then, in case of any foul-ups (have had 2 in previous years ) you won't be without continuous coverage. You can pay ANY time in Sept.....

First, you go to Chapala clinic and Vicky or Yolanda will give you all the right documents. (See my first note) IF you have a tarjeton with your photos already in/on it, they are not asking for photos this year.

Be sure to double-check with them what originals and copies to take with you when you go to Guad (slightly different for foreigners and Mx citizens). Always better to take MORE than you think!!!.......could save return trip.....

By the way, due to increased traffic in downtown due to construction on light rail line # 3 on Alcalde/16th Septiembre, my plan is to take bus from out here to old bus depot downtown, walk one block (towards Walmart) and get on Macrobus (has its own dedicated lane to no traffic hassles). There is a stop right in front of IMSS ( Juna Alvarez) so no-brainer! Then repeat in reverse to come back.

Archived