Chapala.com Webboard

Tio Domingo?

CBGUY

• 2 months later...

Went on Saturday for Salvadore's "pit beef" special, which he does maybe once a year by cooking the meat underground. It arrives as pulled meat with sidedishes, and is amazingly only $100p for the meal. I would describe the flavour as like my Mom's pot roasts: absolutely deelishus. We asked him for some veggies to go, because his wife seems to have a technique with carrots and beans that no restaurant in town is able to match. Unfortunately at the moment she has some serious medical conditions, but of course Salvadore rallied on.

We also had his buried beef, it was made to celebrate the restaurants 16th anniversary. We had it served with refried beans, Mexican rice, chopped onions, cilantro, corn torttilas and his special picante sauce.

It was so good we went back for more the next day. Salvador is considering doing this dish every other Sunday.

Salvador is having his buried beef again this coming Monday Nov. 2nd.You have to try it.

Thanks all for the info. This sounds interesting and I would like to try it. If anyone knows, is the "buried beef" available during daytime ours, mid-afternoon? I don't generally eat big at night. If nobody knows, I'll call the restaurant.

766-2453

Two weekends ago it was available all day and into the evening. But, he does like to know how much to make, because even though he charges a ridiculously low price, he doesn't want any to go to waste. So a phone call would probably be good. Last year, he did it at night for Night of the Dead.

Archived