Chapala.com Webboard

CHECK YOUR JAL FOTOINFRACCIONES IN REAL TIME

jrod

Why do you think I have a problem?

Just as living here requires understanding the value of things in pesos and learning Spanish, so does learning the metric system.

You would think anyone who has lived here 5 years and for sure after 10, wouldn't have to translate numbers into the system they came from.

Ever read what you write?

You would think that applies NOB also, but if you thought that, I could tell you tales of people who have lived there from other countries for 25 years and can not speak a complete sentence in English, let alone know anything about money values or mph, nor can they even translate them into the system from where they came, as they can't even read and write in their home language. Even sadder, no? They just live in a different culture from the main stream people. They don't fit in, and don't care to. Sound familiar to you?

Nice job of avoiding the question of whether you can operate a car on a divided two lane semi rural road safely at 55 mph the speed at which you would get a ticket. I'm getting this funny feeling the answer might be embarrassing.

It is much easier to avoid that question and the question of whether or not this is about safety or about taking money from the public by going on and on off topic about kph versus mph on a board full of people who are conversant with both measures.

OK....one last try.....

Yes, I can operate a car on the road you described at 80 kph., and according to your info, you are given a 10 km. tolerance before being ticketed.

Why is my answer embarrassing? To whom? What kind of funny feeling? Is that some kind of personal remark about my driving ability?

Go back and read the last sentence of my post no. 22 and tell me how I avoided your question.

I believe you were the one who interjected the comparison between mph and kph into this thread, and now I am your straw man?

Ever read what you write?

You would thing that applies NOB also, but if you thought that, I could tell you tales of people who have lived there from other countries for 25 years and can not speak a complete sentence in English, let alone know anything about money values or mph, nor can they even translate them into the system from where they came. Even sadder, no? They just live in a different culture from the main stream people. They don't fit in, and don't care to. Sound familiar to you?

I try to proof read what I write......why?

But do they (whoever they are) post their grievances about their "adopted" country's system of weights and measures (or monetary system or language) on a web board in their former country's language?

I'm not trying to defend what anybody does or doesn't do, NOB.

I have received two by mail photo tickets for speeding. If I was speeding I deserved the tickets. As to

Tyranny obviously can be in the eye of the beholder.

I don't try to piss up a rope and spend time worrying about or pontificating on something I can't change. If I tried to change what I don't like about the world I wouldn't' have time to post on web boards.

I have received two by mail photo tickets for speeding. If I was speeding I deserved the tickets. As to I don't try to piss up a rope and spend time worrying about or pontificating on something I can't change. If I tried to change what I don't like about the world I wouldn't' have time to post on web boards.

If we all took your attitude there would be no change or progress. For sure if you "deserve" speed traps you'll get more of them.

Maybe the growing war against speed camera abuse in the U.S. and around the world will spill over to Mexico. Not everyone wants to be a sucker for greedy government.

Coons, If we all took your attitude where would we be. I surely would not be happy with your attitude. I really doubt that you are either.

This is MEXICO. It is up to the MEXICAN officials to set whatever speed limits, or any other laws, as they see fit.

It is NOT a foreigner's place to "set them straight", nor tell them how to run this country.

Don't like it? Is your foot nailed to the floor?.........

This is MEXICO. It is up to the MEXICAN officials to set whatever speed limits, or any other laws, as they see fit.

It is NOT a foreigner's place to "set them straight", nor tell them how to run this country.

Amen to that.

Foreigners whining about getting speeding tickets on Jalisco's most accident-prone and dangerous highway is a bit much,imo.

Archived