Chapala.com Webboard

Cost comparison on three labs

Zeb

What do those tests include. My Perfil Medico completo costs me $2,038.in January 2014 (more than a year ago).

How can you all come up with such low amounts. They must not be doing the complete lab tests.

I've got red and white cells, many minerals: potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesio, iron, etc, glucose,m colesterol, creatine, acido uriic and many others.

What is checked in those low prices?

This us what was done at those prices:

Biometria Hermatica which includes a very long list of results.

Also, Quimica 6 which included Urea, Triglicerines, Uric Acid, 2 types Cholesterol & Createnin, Indice Aterogenico. I may not have spelled everything correctly.

I don't know what a DIF discount is, so it must all be retail.

Mexico residents 60 and older get a substantial discount with the Jalisco state DIF card at Chopo for medical tests something like 10 to 15%. I don´t know if the other labs mentioned in this thread provide the same discount. I have not been to a lab in a couple of years though so maybe that has changed. I remembered that I had to ask for the discount, they will not offer it to you otherwise.

• 4 years later...
On 8/4/2015 at 5:15 PM, nana said:

What do those tests include. My Perfil Medico completo costs me $2,038.in January 2014 (more than a year ago).

How can you all come up with such low amounts. They must not be doing the complete lab tests.

I've got red and white cells, many minerals: potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesio, iron, etc, glucose,m colesterol, creatine, acido uriic and many others.

What is checked in those low prices?

I just got this and a stool sample, CRP and a complete thyroid test (5 tests) for 1700 with the INAPAM discount at Dilabim.  Never had a problem with them not being able to do any test and accuracy has been fine.  They have an 8am and 1pm courier to Guad and results that night or early next day.