Chapala.com Webboard

Need recommendation for body work on car

I have a dent that I need to have repaired as well as some paint touch up. If you have personal experience with some one you would recommend I would appreciate your opinion as to quality of work as far as dent removal and paint work as well as your opinion as to the cost.

Thanks

Everybody around here has a favorite. I've personally used both "Fernando's" (next door to Casa de Wafle in Ajijic….though Fernando is gone and I don't know the new name) and "Jonathan" (next door to Car City in Riberas). Both locations have done perfect work at VERY reasonable cost. Another favorite among locals is "Junior's" in Riberas del Pilar, across the carretera from Clinica Maskaras. And there are more...

I have used Fernando's, now Lake, for minor repair and for painting. Very good price and the paint job was excellent (hard to say for paint jobs in Mexico IMO). They also do really good 'detail work' and polish/wax.... again at a good price, especially compared to what it would cost NOB.

The three major contenders and most frequently mentioned and recommended on this board and elsewhere were all mentioned in Travis' post as shown by the other responses. Myself, I use Lake and Ricardo just because it is close to home, but all three do great work. I think Lake is least expensive and Junior's most expensive for the three choices, but you might want to get estimates from each of them yourself.

The three major contenders and most frequently mentioned and recommended on this board and elsewhere were all mentioned in Travis' post as shown by the other responses. Myself, I use Lake and Ricardo just because it is close to home, but all three do great work. I think Lake is least expensive and Junior's most expensive for the three choices, but you might want to get estimates from each of them yourself.

From my experience I would take Estilo (sp?) Junior (not Junior's) off that list.

I just had some bumps and bruises fixed at Lake's Body Shop. Front fenders, both sides that were scraped right down to the metal and some superficial scrapes on the rear of the car courtesy of Costco shopping carts. They did a very professional job at what I thought was a reasonable price with a bonus interior detail job. Car looks brand new. German speaks perfect English.

376-766-5246

• 6 months later...

Would anyone have been lucky enough to get the current cell phone number of the owner of Lake's Body Shop? He doesn't spend a lot of time at the shop. I used to be able to call Fernando anytime. I neglected to ask the employee I saw yesterday.

Archived