Chapala.com Webboard

Adelita

lakeside7

This week for the first time in 3/4 years I revisited Adelita's

As has been mentioned the remolding and decor is first class, I did not have chance to visit the toilets.

The menu seems to have some thing for everyone and the prices very competitive

There were 6 of us and each person choose a different item. I choose the fish and chips for 56/58 pesos. I guess it is what it is for the money.

The other folks were very satisfied with their selections, so I must make a different selection next time.

The restaurant was not very busy and the wait staff not challenged. But they seemed timid and in training.Whenever you tried to catch their eye, more water or more coffee etc., they were never around or standing looking in the opposite direction.

As a general observation there are very few restaurants in the area that have attentive wait staff.

It seems if the owner has gone out and found a friend of his son or daughter and asked them; do we want to earn some money..not would they like to provide a service.

Is this a me thing or how do others feel.

IMHO you must have hit Adelita's on an off night. Jason and Ana (owners) are very, very concerned about appropriate and responsive wait staff and I have always found them to be some of the best in the area.

Also, Jason had the good sense to hire Christian (former owner of Mangia Mia and waiter with Kim at Number 4 and other places) to be his head waiter and if Christian had been there I would be pretty sure this wouldn't have happened.

Jason does have a website and I believe he would like to hear your comments -- send him a nice email pointing out what you did above -- if you feel so inclined. Please give him an opportunity to make it right. I believe he has most of his regular waiters, but because of increased business, etc. has hired a few new ones which may very well "be in training".

Just my observations....

I have had lunch there twice in recent weeks. Both times the server was attentive and very nice. The first one seemed new and a bit nervouse but did a good job. The second was obviously experienced and she was spectacular.

I've had good, pleasant service on my visits to Adelita's, when I was served. I also had numerous occasions where the staff just hung around the bar or behind the band area and chatted away, oblivious to my looks and waves. These two versions of service happen equally each visit.

I am a huge fan of the serving staff at Alex's pasta bar, who have been trained to stand on the sidelines and be constantly vigilant. That is what table service should be everywhere.

We went to Adelita's last night. We had reservations. The food was great, always has been...when it finally arrived. The restaurant was about two thirds full, plenty of wait staff, but we waited an hour for our meals. This has happened three times out of the past three visits, three weeks in a row. While the reno and decor are outstanding, waiting an hour for a meal is just too long. Some others were waiting, too, so it wasn't just us. I'd like to think that it was just the new staff getting used to each other and the physical changes in the restaurant, but it has happened in the past, before the changes. Sadly, we won't be back for a while. Great food and decor....too long to wait for meals.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kind words! Even the all the negative comments help us! Basically what has transpired is we have tripled our business (literally) and doubled our kitchen and wait staff so YES there are a few growing pains! But we are 100% dedicated to be the number 1 restaurant in the area, and believe me, not one comment goes unheard. We are constantly recognizing the problems and working towards solutions. We are aware of the longer wait times and have been proactive to bring those times down. Hiring new staff, purchasing new equipment, etc. Our goal is to have 15 min. MAX wait for lunch and 30 MAX for dinner. We have weekly management meetings and every week we correct issues to attain these goals.

I am personally sorry for anyone who was been caught in our stage of growth but I assure you these glitches are temporary and I beg you to give us another chance! July has been very challenging for us in terms of a new kitchen, new staff, new menu, new layout and a new chemistry. In essence we have opened a new restaurant, but this is not an excuse! This is a challenge and we promise to rise to that challenge!

If you ever have a complaint or suggestion we are ALWAYS available to listen! info@adelitabarandgrill.com I will respond personally.

Thanks for your patience!!

Hope to see you soon!

Jason

As I stated in my post of August 2nd, I knew that Jason would want to hear all comments and I believe he gave a truthful and comprehensive reply to everyone's concerns. You are THE MAN, Jason.

Essentially you have opened a new restaurante and you will, if not already, been the number 1 restaurante Lakeside.

We love our Adelita's and appreciate all the time, money, thought and creativity that went into creating this basically new venue.

You Rock -- keep it going and improving, I know you will.

Your Dancing Queen Amiga

A very classy response from ownership.

I've eaten at Adelita's several times since the remodel and have always had excellent service and found the waitstaff particularly attentive. I've also always been impressed by how management has magically found extremely pleasant and completely bi-lingual young waiters and waitresses (and I don't even need English). Lastly, I've never had to wait very long for food, but I'm usually there during the daytime, not when they are super busy at night.

I don't see many local restaurants working harder to improve the experience for their customers than the folks at Adelita's. I appreciate all their hard work.

Today we had salads, a chicken wrap and a pizza with artichokes, Italian sausage, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella and lots of good sauce and 2 glasses of iced tea for $195.00 pesos plus tip. We still have 4 pieces of pizza for a snack tonight :) The chicken wrap was huge and the quality of everything was excellent including the waitress, Sol :) Thank you, Adelita's.

Last Wednesday I was the guest of two friends at Adelita. From the moment we walked in, the staff was attentive and accommodating, even though we lingered near the entrance talking with other friends at their table. We could not have asked for better service throughout our meal.

The meal was a celebration and we ordered a lot of food: the fried calamari, the brie appetizer, three full meals, and a bottle of wine--followed by dessert. Everything was cooked exactly as it should have been, served promptly, and hot off the fire. I ordered a full rack of ribs; they were fall-off-the-bone tender, just saucy enough, and about a million times better (and a few pesos cheaper) than the dried-up burnt-ends half rack of ribs that I ordered at Tony's later in the week. The ribs at Adelita were literally finger-lickin' good. I'd go back again in a heartbeat.

Indeed! I am impressed, also. When any restaurant gets that kind of a review from someone who knows food as well as More Liana does, Adelita's deserves our support for all the incredible positive changes that have taken place since it first opened. It just won a best rib contest on Face Book by a landslide!

I went for ribs last night. First time since remodeling.

WOW!!

As usual, the ribs were excellent.

And, the service was just as excellent.

Christian has these young people trained just as his father trained him.

This place is just too sooper for words.

By the way, if you are interested, Christian's father, Giovanni is doing well working in Guad where he plans to soon open up another of his great Italian restaurants.

Archived