Chapala.com Webboard

Pozole in Chapala?

ComputerGuy

El Zapote on Morelos between Juarez and Zaragoza across from the key place and next door to the Telmex substation in Chapala. Great pazole and many other great foods. Open afternoons from either 1:30 or 2:30? Until 10:30 I believe. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Their prices are great!

I noticed that Soriana has Pozole in a "large" can for 41 pesos . I was temped to try a can but left it till next visit

I would pass on the pozole in a can..

Pozole can definitely be more fun in cool weather, but I just returned with a bucket of the stuff from El Zapote, and OMG it's good. Maybe the best yet.

My wife bought a bucket full today too..:)

I "third" the rec for El Zapote in Chapala (good carne en su jugo too), and I second the call for you to disclose your "go-to" pozole place in Ajijic. If you tell me yours, I'll tell you mine. ^_^

Chimi's restaurant across from LCS, on Sundays. I've heard it's good, but I hate the stuff myself, so can't comment on the quality.

My pozole place is Memo's, on Hidalgo, about a block west of Colon. Open in the evenings.

Is Memo's still open?

El Chile Verde on Hidalgo closer to the plaza offers Pozole, but only on Saturdays, I think. Everything else they make is good, so I assume their Pozole is too.Only open during the day, close around 4pm or so. I don't care for hominy at all, so I'm no expert on Pozole. I otherwise like it, but the stupid hominy gets in the way...

Archived