Chapala.com Webboard

do you have a interest in a plant based diet

afgh

afgh. I have considered a plant-based diet, however I think about Linda McCartney, who was not only a vegan, but actually had a business

selling packaged vegetarian food, and who died very young.

Other friends who are BIG meat-eaters, including an in-law who consumes meat daily, are thriving well into their late eighties.

However, I respect your opinion, and like many seniors, find that substituting several meals with beans, salads, and stir-fries is not difficult.

I'm just not convinced that an all plant-based diet is suitable, or even necessary for a healthy life. IMHO.

Dr. Greger in promoting his vegan diet,

commented on the use of supplements as follows:

Dr. Greger: I take algae-derived DHA and EPA, vitamin D, eat sea vegetables for iodine and of course make sure I ingest sufficient vitamin B12.

Do you follow Gregor and his advice on supplementation? If so, Does Dr. Greger recommend other supplements in addition to those. I could not find additional information on that area. It seems that there would be a higher requirement for vitamins, when you eliminate meat protein. Just curious.

For my preferences and body type, I find that Dr. David Perlmulter's advice to be a better fit for me. He recommends DHA, and Vit D among other important supplements, alongside of vegetables, coconut oil, grass fed beef, and other proteins, such as eggs.

I take the supplements Perlmutter recommends. Eat gluten/white starch/sugar in moderation, and listen to my body. Point being, everyone's system is different.

in addition I've added a few that are more specific for my body type. Different bodies, require different sups, there is not one fits all in that area. (Here are the 7 main supplements Dr Perlmutter recommends (link) http://www.drperlmutter.com/grain-brain-seven-super-supplements/?hvid=2vNL2 )

Archived