Chapala.com Webboard

Vancouver Wings & Beer

ComputerGuy

That's the name, but it's not in Canada. It's just to the left of Lake Taco at the gas station on the libramiento. It looks as if it has opened, but while there are plenty of price signs for wings and beer posted outside, they kinda forgot to post their hours. Since that location is someplace I rarely go after dark and wouldn't accidentally spot it open, I'm wondering if anyone has?

It's on the right side of Lake Taco, as you approach from the drive through area. If you walk in backwards, then it's on the left side. LOL

Much like buying or selling pesos in the other thread ("Mr. Obvious"), I was walking there from Lake Taco at the time. And I swear I wasn't walking back-asswards. Others may claim I was...

Vancouver Wings? Who wants Canadian chicken wings? Well, somebody does, as Fred says it was full last weekend.

Wonder how Jalisco pozole and birria are selling in Vanvouver? :017:

I like Canadian chicken wings. They pay our poultry well to have their little arms cut off, and put them in homes for the disabled, and it's all single-payer.

And when you eat one, if it's too hot, it apologizes.

vancouver wings is very similar to wings army. they have them all over Vallarta. They have better beer specials from what I could tell.

The new place in Chapala is called The Wings. Haven't been in there yet but there are always people in there.

vancouver wings is very similar to wings army. they have them all over Vallarta. They have better beer specials from what I could tell.

The new place in Chapala is called The Wings. Haven't been in there yet but there are always people in there.

Their wings and chela combo prices at his location are WAY cheaper than Wings Army, though. I haven't been in yet, of course, but the beer selection that Wings Army touts is certainly not visible through the glass. At 55p for 10 wings and a brewski, I'm likin' it. And I don't even drink beer.

Much like buying or selling pesos in the other thread ("Mr. Obvious"), I was walking there from Lake Taco at the time. And I swear I wasn't walking back-asswards. Others may claim I was...

Is that an indication of your politics....you see everything on the "right" side??????

I have been to Vancouver Wings (Originated in GDL in 2009) 3 times since they opened in Ajijic, I have not had a bad experience yet. The staff are attentive and fluent in Spanish and English. The wings are good and even better on Tuesdays with the Beer + wings special for $55pesos.

Panino's is full everyday for lunch.....Tony's was full on Sunday.

Some places (like Tango) just don't suffer in the off season. Even Domino's, as bad as I think it is, seems to have constant traffic.

These wing places amaze me too, as Tony's son, Abraham, still sells a ton of chicken, and then all the pollo places from Chapala to Jocotepe , like the new one in Ajijic that sell the "rostizadas".

Mexicans and foreigners love to eat. LOL

I have been to Vancouver Wings (Originated in GDL in 2009) 3 times since they opened in Ajijic, I have not had a bad experience yet. The staff are attentive and fluent in Spanish and English. The wings are good and even better on Tuesdays with the Beer + wings special for $55pesos.

It's been open what, a week? And I thought I was the one who loved wings...

Is that an indication of your politics....you see everything on the "right" side??????

Ha! If I followed my political "leanings", based on what I read and see on TV, I'd be walking around in a circle all day. (Besides, you were the right, I was the left, remember? Remember...? How old did you say you were?)

• 2 weeks later...

It looks as if it has opened, but while there are plenty of price signs for wings and beer posted outside, they kinda forgot to post their hours. Since that location is someplace I rarely go after dark and wouldn't accidentally spot it open, I'm wondering if anyone has?

I stopped there today out of desperation. (Went to THREE other places this afternoon hungry….all closed….Monday is tough.) Ordered wings and rings and a beer. The onion rings were a mistake I'll never make again….just grab a bag of the frozen version from Walmart and you'll have the same experience. Only ate a few of them and I was really hungry. Half order of wings (five) was "ok" with the #2 (mild) spicy sauce…..and I like spicy but was warned by the signage. #2 was more than spicy enough, believe me. These also seemed a little over-cooked. Maybe some of the other sauces/preparations are more interesting. These were just hot, and I ordered LOW on the picante scale.

The beer was the highpoint of the experience. And it was just a bottle of Corona.

I can't see myself going back unless I'm with people who really want to go there, then I might tag along. It's just chain junk-food for kids who want to party or who need to eat something post-party. I imagine this chain is popular late nights and especially weekends in Guadalajara. Here? We'll see. Who will win the "Wings War"??? I don't really care.

Archived