Chapala.com Webboard

Cheated at Walmart?

After returning home Tuesday after shopping at Walmart my wife decided to examine the sales receipt. There were 5 items charged and paid for that we did not receive. She immediately called Walmart and gave them the pertinent information : time of the sale and the number of the cashier line used. She was told that they would examine the surveillance video and that she should call again in 1/2 hour. When she called again she was told that we should come in right away for a refund. When we arrived, less than an hour later, the person she had spoken to had gone off duty. A little dweeb, who had no name tag, would only identify himself as raphael (refused to give me his last name), said that he had examined the video and that we had not shopped there that day.It took every ounce of self control within me to keep from strangling the little weasel.

I will take up our issue with Walmart management. I send this out only as a heads up to all: watch the cashiers and baggers carefully. They are no to be trusted.

Robbed or cheated or.........no matter. When at the checkout, watch like a hawk as they ring up the items. Counting your change is a given. Most of us are inclined to let our attention wander sometimes. We're tired.

Here's a positive story; an "on the other hand": Last week we did a big shop at Walmart, including getting 3 or 4 color ink cartridges for our printer. These are pricey. My husband paid and I started to wander out of the store while the groceries were loaded. We got to the covered parking area when a young man chased us down and handed us the cartridges we'd paid for but neglected to take with us. (There was a delay in bagging them because they have to remove them from their "locked" packaging. Anyway........that's one "honest employee" story for balance.

Am I the only person who will not shop at Walmart? Walmart is a terrible company. The employes are treated like something lower than dirt. No wonder they might palm a couple of things. The Guadalajara Reporter sighted them as one of the worst companies to work for in Mexico and Walmart has such a sterling reputation in the US. Now, we can all be proud of that. It makes me ashamed. Walmart has done here what it has done all over the US, driven small businesses out of business. It blows my mind that anybody would shop there. 'Robbed BY Walmart' might be a better headline.

I like Gringal's good story. But the poster had a terrible time and he got the run-around and even accused of not being in the store that day. He must be fuming. Can't we pay attention to his problem or not say anything at all? He gave us a good warning of the misery Wallmart can inflict--and lots of still want or need to shop there. So his heads-up is important.

Lexy

The bag of goods was most likely left behind and since the bagger probably wasn't tipped, they saw no need to bring it to anybodies attention.

Most likely left behind? Bagger probably wasn't tipped? Where do you get off presuming these things?

Lexy

The bag of goods was most likely left behind and since the bagger probably wasn't tipped, they saw no need to bring it to anybodies attention.

Deleted.

We live in a different country and it doesn't take a lot of time down here before we should realize the rules that we need to live by. Failure to do so, leaves one vulnerable, and you pay a price for keeping your head in the tortilla. Just sayin'.

Archived