Chapala.com Webboard

Door Bell Rung at 2 a.m. in Upper La Floresta

There is a security device from Germany, but represented in the U.S.A. - very expensive. There are two new product launches in the U.S. late 2015, both are "kickstarter" type productions. What is it? When someone rings your intercom, or triggers a security point/camera, it calls your smartphone, anywhere you are in the world, and you can see the visual and transmit talk/video over the intercom (as if you are in the house). The devices are $150 to $250 and there is an annual server plan if you have to have video with recording.

Yesterday at the homedepot at av. Clouthier i saw a device like that. Intercom with display but also with wifi connection and you can see and I suppose also talk on your smartphone. iOS and android were supported.

You deal with the local conditions. Here it's burglary, up north it's face to face crime; muggings, car jackings, drive-by shootings, and mass murder. I'll take this environment thank you. It pays to be safe and protect your dwelling. BTW, Mexicans have been doing it since the Revolution! (1910)

I must have lived in some sort of cocoon in New Mexico, never saw any of that up close and personal.

Someone did steal a Yucca plant from in front of a neighbors wall fronting on Rio Grande Blvd, however. Big sucker too. We all decided (including the neighbor) over beer and barbecue that they deserved to keep it given what would have been involved in stealing it.

Americans are going to have a bigger and bigger problem with property crime as the country declines and the average house has very little protection from it. I like that the architecture here in the villages really supports home security.

You could live in a nice place like Lafayette, LA and just go to a movie, or your kids go to a nice school and some deranged person attacks them with an AR-15. So many incidents in the USA and so few in the ROW. My point was that bizarre stuff happens up north and no state is without violence against people.

Bennie and Mainecoons, just because you didn't have any violence where you lived doesn't mean it doesn't happen up there.

Guest bennie2

its lousiana! thats like the wild west. another world. some of these shootings are the fault of big pharm, or they are govt orchestrated along w/big pharm patients. "up there" is a huge place. so is "down here". 2nd & 3rd world countries always have high walls, metal doors bars. its like that all over south america. give it some time, most of the US will be that way. (the demographic is changing fast, even on mainstreet USA). the worst that ever happend to me in the US was that my bikes were stolen if i left them out all night. once many years ago, my wallet was taken from my bag leaving a train station.

Archived