Chapala.com Webboard

OMG goat milk ice cream

the walkers

This place opened this week at #33 Colon on the Ajijic plaza. I spoke with the owner, Berto and he gave me the scoop---and some free tastings. He has a local goatherd who sells him the milk and he pastuerizes it and makes the ice cream on the premissis. He had very interesting flavors, peach with amaretto, bacon!, citrus and chili, an unusual chocolate and many others. he's open 12-9pm 7 days a week.Berto speaks english and his cel:331-070-7872 or check him out on facebook at Helados Bok a welcome addition to our culinary scene...

Here's the story. They were open this weekend but are not officially open yet. They are located in the hotel where Mel's used to be. When they are open it will be accessible from Colon and the hotel lobby. There was a nice young man there who called his boss and got permission to serve me. Brought home a liter of peach which we will sample later tonight. My dog dove into the basket and gave the leftover cones a thumbs up.

I have a goldfish milking machine that I can lend out if anyone is interested.

Can you tell me, in your experience, which is harder: to milk a goldfish by hand, or to put the cups on them from the milking machine?

Hello every one

This is Adalberto how own the goat ice cream store, you can call me BOK (is easier)

We where open this Sunday because the race of la chupinaya, where where over 1 thousand people, and we where sponsor giving some BOLIS of gatorade, lemon with guava and grapefruit with peanut (energetic one).

we are going to open the store as son as we find a bilingual person who can explain all the flavors, benefits of the goat milk and of course the difference between cow and goat milk );

while that I can explain by myself.

flavors we have:

milk base

bacon (fried) with maple honey

chocolat (hazelnut cream, with crispy almond)

almond with coconut (marbled)

peach with amaretto and crispy cookie

Irish cream (baileys) with tiramisu

none milk flavors

ginger with grapefruit

orange with peanut

verdita: citrics juice mix with chile, spices, and mint.

flavors are in process:

white chocolat with date

red wine with red fruits

By now we just focus in the goat milk transformation, which offer many benefits as any allergy reaction to the lactose intolerance, it means everyone can try it without worry about colitis, heartburn, and any other reaction. goat milk has 300% more iron, and 35% more cholesterol , and vitamin A, D and calcium compare with cows milk

We are in process to offer some flavors sweetened with stevia or agave honey. thinking on diabetics ;)

we also will sale all kind of products coming from goats, as milk, cheese, cajeta, yogurth, and ICE CREAM of course.

hopefully i can explain myself on this simple note, please visit our facebook and give us a like after you try us. and I will really appreciate your help to find a person (young lady of preference) who can be interested been part of this project working at the store.

by now if you want to try ,just call me and i will be there to attend you.

BOK

For folks with dainty taste Goat has a very distrinct smell or odor depending on how you feel. My wife can smell goat caramel when I open the jar and runs out of the room.

So be open minded the first time you try Goat stuff. I like it but it is a little bit of acquired taste in my opinion. Boy do the Mexicans like the flavor!

Back in the 70s we had our first horse farm and a neighbor had a goat dairy. Their goats gave as much milk as cows, with much less food and space etc required. They bred out the "goaty" taste to their milk, so the above may no longer be true.

Adalberto: Time for some "guerilla" marketing!

Tuesday, August 11, 1:00 pm, Lake Chapala Society, there will be at least 300 gringos hanging around waiting for their INAPAM cards. Get permission from LCS, some of those little paper cups, and some little wooden/plastic spoons. Give out samples of what you consider to be the most popular flavors of ice cream and sorbet. In your paper handout, give directions to your store, emphasize that this a healthy, all natural product (do you use cane sugar?) and that the milk is pasteurized. If you are feeling generous, offer a 10% senior discount for INAPAM card holders. Build up your customers with empathy, fair pricing, and consistency (hours of opening, quality of product).

For folks with dainty taste Goat has a very distrinct smell or odor depending on how you feel. My wife can smell goat caramel when I open the jar and runs out of the room.

So be open minded the first time you try Goat stuff. I like it but it is a little bit of acquired taste in my opinion. Boy do the Mexicans like the flavor!

There's a breed now that doesn't have the goaty flavor. They're Nigerian Dwarfs. Tiny, bred only for milk, and adorable. I tasted the milk and it was so good I bought three. They don't even come up to my knee.. really sweet, cute pets. I'd had a goat, for a week, years ago and swore I'd never have another, but these little ones are adorable. Can't wait for the babies to arrive...they weigh around two pounds. I want to try my hand at making goat cheese and ice cream.

Lets see...that brings the number to.... 15 horses, 10 dogs, 6 cats, 3 goats and 2 chickens... might have to think about changing my name to "McDonald".

There's a breed now that doesn't have the goaty flavor. They're Nigerian Dwarfs. Tiny, bred only for milk, and adorable. I tasted the milk and it was so good I bought three. They don't even come up to my knee.. really sweet, cute pets. I'd had a goat, for a week, years ago and swore I'd never have another, but these little ones are adorable. Can't wait for the babies to arrive...they weigh around two pounds. I want to try my hand at making goat cheese and ice cream.

Lets see...that brings the number to.... 15 horses, 10 dogs, 6 cats, 3 goats and 2 chickens... might have to think about changing my name to "McDonald".

Sounds like they are being bred down to "goldfish size". LOL

Male goats are great protection against trolls, if my childhood memory serves me right.

Archived