Chapala.com Webboard

Property Update

I have recently learned about a couple of well known properties that have been empty and now have plans for them. I think most of us are always interested in what is happening around here.

Anyway......

1. The lake front property where the old La Tasca restaurant was located (on the lake across from the Nueva Posada).

A Mexican family from Guadalajara has bought the property and plans to build a large house. First the swimming pool is going in.

2. The now empty 'strip' mall on the north side of the carretera at the La Huerta turn off. This is where

Giovanni, and later son Cristian, recently had a restaurant.

The owner of that property has sold it for development (don't know what is going in).

This may be old news to many of you but thought I would share it.

I have recently learned about a couple of well known properties that have been empty and now have plans for them. I think most of us are always interested in what is happening around here.

Anyway......

1. The lake front property where the old La Tasca restaurant was located (on the lake across from the Nueva Posada).

A Mexican family from Guadalajara has bought the property and plans to build a large house. First the swimming pool is going in.

2. The now empty 'strip' mall on the north side of the carretera at the La Huerta turn off. This is where

Giovanni, and later son Cristian, recently had a restaurant.

The owner of that property has sold it for development (don't know what is going in).

This may be old news to many of you but thought I would share it.

This may be old news to many of you but thought I would share it. Why?

Why not share it? That's what we do here, share information and help each other out.

Thanks for the information. I've been wondering about what might happen with the La Tasca site. Glad to hear it will remain a single family property.

I keep hearing more and more of Tapatios buying or building upper bracket property here.

I really want to know what is going on and I appreciate reading about it here.

I have noticed more and more upper income Mexicans everywhere I go. For example: Super Lake Also, quite a few of the restaurants I frequent, moderate to higher priced, have more Mexican customers than I have seen before.

Four new food places at the Centro Laguna (Sushi place not yet open). There is money flowing into the area..... and people.

I am for it. More jobs for residents.

ValGal how do you tell a "more income Mexican" from a normal Mexican??

Better dressed, nicer car, found in more expensive restaurants, buys nice stuff.

Exactly the same way you tell a "more income American."

ValGal, I agree. We are noticing the same thing. And along with that, we seem them buying upper bracket homes in our area and where our friends live.

I hope they hire and buy from the locals.

Archived