Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon July 14 delivery

Like some others, I have a purchase from Amazon "stuck" somewhere using Iparcel delivery. It appears to have arrived in Mexico on July 3 with other peoples orders and just disappeared. Tracking showed out for delivery for weeks and yet no package. Has anyone received packages due July 14? And does anyone know how to complain? I don't want to cancel, but don't see any other options on line. Thanks

Me too! Can't get a straight answer or any answer from iParcel and Amazon is trying to stonewall. I finally got a response from Amazon late last night asking me to wait 24 hrs. and if no package they will refund my order and let me reorder and they will send it expedited. But if expedited with iParcel that will not fly with me. Good luck!

Never received our package and in trying to contact iParcel with the email they provide on their website, G Mail told me their mailbox was full and they could not deliver my email! Probably all complaints!! I contacted Amazon and forcefully but politely said I was willing to pay extra for any orders as long as they would not ship with iParcel. I just received this reply from Amazon:

We use a variety of carriers that we've found provide the best service for our different shipping options and assign a carrier automatically when we ship your order depending on the weight of the package and the distance it has to travel from our fulfillment center.

Because you've had repeated issues with iParcel, I've made an exception and given priority to other available carriers for future deliveries to your shipping address. Thereby, your future orders will not be shipped via iParcel.

Made my day.

I had an order due July 10 arrived 16th. From Iparcel. I had complained to Amazon. They said to give more time. I did and finally receive my order. Amazon refunded my shipping cost. Package late but I am happy. I have had some issues with DHL also. I will continue to buy from Amazon.

My parcel has said "out for delivery" since Thursday when it was due but haven't seen it yet. I am not sure who to contact regarding the overdue status. We have canceled plans so that we would be here when it arrives so I know that it did not come while we were away from home. Does anyone even deliver on Saturday? It was shipped from Amazon; do I call their customer's service to track it?

Wow. I've had at least 50 items shipped here by Amazon and in only one instance did the delivery occur after the date originally specified by Amazon. In one case, an item I ordered from Amazon was drop shipped from Germany and I received it in four days. It's disconcerting to hear that there are suddenly a number of delivery problems occurring.

I FINALLY figured out how to do a complaint. Hard to search out on the web page (for me anyway). I used chat and had a response in 5 minutes. They claimed problem with the carrier (Iparcel) and offered to replace at no cost or full refund. I asked for replacement and they said delivery by July 30. We'll see. I do plan on ordering more things as long as I know I will get a refund if there are problems.

I placed an Amazon order on June 29th part of which shipped via DHL. I tracked it to customs in Guadalajara on July 2 where is sat on hold until last Monday the 13th when it was returned to Amazon. I had this happen with DHL once before and they (DHL) said I needed to hire a customs broker to clear it. Amazon refunded each item including shipment when I explained the problem. They also said there was no way I could specify a shipper in the future. I was happy knowing the rest of the order was coming via i-parcel especially when I learned they were owned by UPS. That order was shipped on June 30th and arrived in MX on July 3rd cleared customs on the 8th (my excitement growing) and has been out for delivery since Monday the 13th. What a PITA. Like conejorapido I've had several items delivered without problem from Amazon prior to this. In the middle of all of this I placed another order (silly me) that shipped i-parcel and is supposed to get here July 30th. I'm doubt it'll or the one currently out for delivery will show up anywhere near that date.

I ordered my husband golf shoes from Amazon Mexico. Should have gotten them today. Went online and found out by tracking that they were in guad since wens. I called (took an hour to get the number) they said customs won't let it go. Some items like makeup and I gather shoes are not safe to come to AJIJIC as far as the DHL delivery is concerned. And the funny thing is the tracker said they came from Kansas not Mexico City from the Amazon distribution center Like I thought. They had to refund the money. Oh also the first cc transaction was cancelled right after the order, so I had to pay again. The supervisor at Amazon sounded like he was so upset about what to do. They thought all the kinks were out. But the rules always change here. he was so sorry. I guess they are doing it to a lot of customers.

It's obvious that Amazon wants to keep their customers happy. I sent an email on Tuesday since my order had been 'out for delivery' for a week. Got a quick reply agreeing it must be lost and asking if I wanted a refund or a replacement order. I took the refund. Didn't make sense to go through the same aggravation. Received a refund the next day. I'm going back to using a service or finding someone to mule things down or use ishop until Amazon gets their act together. Next wait is for an order that's supposed to be here in a week. Ha!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a keyboard last week from Amazon. It shipped on the 29th and I received it yesterday, the 5th. I paid $3 for shipping and it took less than a week including the weekend. It wouldn't have been faster if I had been in the U.S.

Today I ordered a 1TB drive and other electronics so I hope today's order is as fast.

I did see that Amazon can ship computers to Mexico including laptops. That solves the English keyboard and OS problems.

I ordered from Amazon U.S. on July 7. They said it would arrive July 24. When it didn't I called in and complained the next day, and they said they would look into it. After the weekend I called them again since no one had called me back and they said they would expedite a replacement shipment to me. This was a Monday and she said it would be here Thursday. On Wednesday the original shipment showed up and then on Thursday the expedited one, which I refused so they would get it back. That is what they told me to do when I called them upon receipt of the original shipment. All in all they were excellent to deal with and I can't complain. I will order from them again. This was a free delivery order for $69 USD.

Had the same problem with I Parcel(UPS) They handed it off to Mexican Post in DF. Took more than twice as long as normal delivery by DHL. I will be sure to specify on my next Amazon order, DO NOT SHIP VIA I PARCEL. I Parcel's tracking is very bad. DHL has never been a problem. Not more than 6 days US to here.

• 1 month later...

Just a little update on this. I ordered a fairly inexpensive item ($14 + $4 shipping) from Amazon this Tuesday the 15th of Sept. It was delivered today by DHL on Friday the 18th! So Amazon can do it fast and maybe they are working hard to get this sorted out. Or maybe it was just a miracle?

Nope - not a miracle Oasis Cloud - I continue to have the same luck with Amazon but Mexico and American sites. Had a Kindle ship via Mx site - got here in 3 days. Ordered 2 quilts last Wed and they arrived today.

I have yet to have a problem shipping all things to Sol y Luna. Glad your experience was so positive.

Just a little update on this. I ordered a fairly inexpensive item ($14 + $4 shipping) from Amazon this Tuesday the 15th of Sept. It was delivered today by DHL on Friday the 18th! So Amazon can do it fast and maybe they are working hard to get this sorted out. Or maybe it was just a miracle?

Interesting, I too ordered an inexpensive item from Amazon on September 9 and it was delivered by DHL on September 14, less than a week. So as you say, maybe Amazon is working hard to solve this problem.

Do those of you who are having such great results all have Amazon Prime or is this happening with just the usual Amazon service?

I thought I had to have Amazon Prime for this to work so I tried the 30 day free trial and tried to order some things and four of the 6 things (the ones I most wanted) were not eligible for shipping to Mexico so I cancelled the order and the free trial before getting charged 99 USD for nothing..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived