Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for Jewelers in Ajijic.

Hello, I am looking for a jeweler in the Ajijic area so I can buy some nice, one of a kind jewelry. My girlfriend's birthday is coming up next week and I'm having a touch of a hard time finding these guys. My Spanish is more or less nonexistent, so trying to get a hold of these jewelers via telephone has proven to be quite the hassle. If anyone has any good experience with some local jewelers, a bit of guidance would be much appreciated! Thanks very much for the input!

Hello, I am looking for a jeweler in the Ajijic area so I can buy some nice, one of a kind jewelry. My girlfriend's birthday is coming up next week and I'm having a touch of a hard time finding these guys. My Spanish is more or less nonexistent, so trying to get a hold of these jewelers via telephone has proven to be quite the hassle. If anyone has any good experience with some local jewelers, a bit of guidance would be much appreciated! Thanks very much for the input!

Sent you a Pm

Daniel is the only one.

Daniel does beautiful, traditional jewelry. There are a number of other jewelry artists working in both precious metals and other materials in this area.

I sent our OP the contact information for one of them. The next time that the ASA has a show at the CC, they will be showing their work so that you and others can see what's available; some in very interesting contemporary styles. The O/P didn't mention his price point, but that can be important in selecting a gift.

There are so many all over town.... sometimes I feel like I am tripping over them. Have you not lived here long, or are you visiting? I am not trying to be mean.... but if you just walk down Colon.... you will go to many boutiques that sell original, unique jewelry made by local jewelers. There are two silver smiths on the street and several at the Market on Wednesdays.

Good luck! (And make sure you stop by Diane Pearl's . She has some remarkable stuff at the moment.) As your girlfriend's Bday is in less than a week..... you better get shopping!

Thank you all for the great information! And no, I don't live here, my parents own a house and I am just down for a few weeks. I have walked down Colon and seen many boutiques with jewlery, but I was just wondering about people who specifically specialize in jewlery. I get too distracted by all the other stuff and just want to be able to talk to someone who actually makes it. Again, thanks very much for the information and I will definitely be getting into contact with Daniel!

There is a store on Colon that sells nothing but exceptionally well crafted sivler jewlery much of it with inclaid stones. It is about midway dowm on the right side as you face the lake. It is open limited hours and the door is always locked even when open because he has a great deal of expensive inventory. It will be worth your effort to find it is you want to find something special. His stuff is not inexpensive!

Diane Pearl has many fine jewelry artists - one of a kind pieces and a big selection. She is located on the corner of Colon and Constitution. Catty corner across the street is another jewelry store that carries beautiful pieces.

Archived