Chapala.com Webboard

Buses to Guadalajara

Zeb

I know there are buses that can be taken from the bus station in Chapala to Guadalajara. I have learned there are two bus terminals in Guad; one is the old one and the other, newer one, is in a most secluded area of Guad.

If anyone knows about these locations, please let me know. I have to try to figure out where they are in Guad in relation to where we need to go to see what our options are.

taxi from new bus station to chapala/ajijic is appx 500 pesos. lots of taxis outside the terminal, agree your price beforehand

to get from chapala to new terminal by bus. ask driver to stop at el alamo. cross the lateral there is a taxi rank,.ask for nuevo central de camiones.less than 5 minutes away costs appx 60 pesos agree price beforehand..easy, there is a local bus from alamo to new bus station but cant remember which number it is. there is a previous thread on this.

From the Centro Nuevo, you could take a taxi to El Alamo, where the highway between Chapala and Guadalajara is located. Cross the highway and wait for a Chapala bus in the southbound lane. That would be the most economical way, unless you find the correct local bus from Centro Nuevo to El Alamo. I think the number has been posted here in the past, so search for it or hope someone remembers.

Chapala buses only go to the old station in el centro near the Walmart and theatro Diana.

To be clear. You are talking about the buses departing from the large bus station in Chapala going directly to the old bus station in Guadalajara. Yes?

Do you know what part of Guad that is as I don't have a clue where the Walmart or theatro Diana are?

Sorry I don't know the name of the neighborhood BUT it is about 10 -12 blocks from the historic district where the Palace de Armes, Cathedral and more are. Maybe if you posted where you want to go, someone could help?

I want to go to Lerdo Tejada in Col. Americana. I was told that you must know what neighborhood something is in, in order to find it.

If you want to leave from Ajijic to go to Guadalajara go to Colon and the carretera . It is on the south side of the carretera. There is a schedule of the bus leaving for Guadalajara. There is a bus marked directo Libramiento that by passes Chapala, it leaves every hour and otherwise you can go to Chapala and there is a direct bus leaving every hour as well.

To come back from Guadalajara you take the bus marked Jocotepec and you get off at whichever corner you want to get off. That bus leaves every hour. The other bus leaves every hour as well and goes to Chapala.

It does not matter where the old station is just get a cab from there to your address. If you do not know where Teatro Diana or Walmart if you do not know the city so just go with the flow and take a taxi to your place from the bus tation. Be careful around the old bustation and in the bus station , you have pickpockets there.

You can also catch the old bus station bus in Ajijic. About a 15 block walk to Guad Centro. New station is in Tonala. Get off the bus about half way to Centro and walk

http://www.autobuses...uadalajara.html

What old bus station in Ajijic? I only the one in Chapala.

Old bus station bus .... not a station in Ajijic. Gotta read a little closer

Interesting I get a large building in Guadalajara.

By the way I have lived her 15 years and I take the bus a lot so I know what the stations look like, something is wrong with what I am getting. First I do not get anything and when I copy the link I get a tall building that looks like the surroundings ot the Guadalajara station. If you say you have the Ajijic

small building on that link I hope that is what the OP sees because that is not what I get.

The Ajijic bus station: Just west of the intersection of Colon and the Carretera, on the lake side of the Carretera Poniente.

The Chapala bus station: On F.I. Madero, the main street, a few blocks north of the main plaza.

The Guadalajara old bus station: Calle Los Angeles, downtown, near a Walmart, about a dozen blocks from Centro Historico.

The Guadalajara new bus station for interstate & long distance buses: In Tonala. Direceions posted elsewhere.

• 2 years later...

RV Gringo, thanks for those addresses. Very helpful.

I have another question, There is apparently another bus that goes to Jocotepec and then on to Aijic.I imagine it also starts at the Old Bus Station but was told it stops in La Calma, Zapopam, Guadalajara or Plaza del Sol. This would make life SO much easier as it costs a fortune to get to the Old Station from where I am staying in Las Fuentes in Guadalajara.

Is anyone familiar with this route and whether it allows passengers to get on while still in Guadalajara?

Many thanks!

Archived