Chapala.com Webboard

Really enjoyed the new Fish Tacos at "Just Chillin"

senior kentie

The "Kids" have added yummy fish tacos to the available choices at "Just Chillins". They are delicious (the tacos and the kids!). So full of tasty, lightly battered fish that you have to eat a couple of pieces first before you can roll up the tacos and finish off the remainder. Comes with coleslaw and a slice of avocado (I'm going to ask for a extra slice or two next time), and par that with a couple of "full glasses" of 20 peso wine... Yahoo! That,, and the atmosphere, and the owner's hugs... what a delightful dining experience... I'm going back again tonight! Enjoy! "Senior Kentie"

Do the fish tacos have bell peppers (pimientos) on them?

No. I kind of agree with the poster that said that the fish tacos were so-so. They are very tasty and you do seem to get a lot but there could be more fish and less breading in the portions. I'd rather have a couple of pieces with more fish than 3 or 4 pieces with less. Lake Taco still has the best fish tacos for me.

I had a discussion with the kids (I must say, I'm impressed with their new hiring policy, helping kids in high school get part time work) about the tacos. To me they were deelish (using real sea bass and/or dorado, and not "bassa"), but the batter was softer than what I am used to for deep-fried. I liked the explanation: for the regular fish'n'chips dish, the fish is deep-fried twice, to get that extra crispy thing going on. With the tacos, they feel extra-crispy is too unmanageable in a soft taco shell. I cannot argue with that, although my preference is always going to be extra crispy.

They did point out they can make it any way we like.

Had the fish tacos there for the first time yesterday. Absolutely delicious and I wouldn't change a thing - but understand others may like more/less batter, additional ingredients, etc. They asked for our feedback and really took our comments seriously. What a remarkable group of young people.

In addition to the food the whole experience was as wonderful as always. One of our favorite places.

Archived