Chapala.com Webboard

Deluge last night in San Antonio!

This was a monster. I have lived in this very nice house for over 7 years and never seen anything like this My house got flooded with 3" - 4" almost throughout and total power loss. I just got my computer going since a lot of the wiring and connections as well as the backup battery are on the floor under my desk. I was so freaked out that I opened my front door to look out and a tidal wave of water rushed in. I am surprised that no one else on this board has mentioned it or was it confined to my area here in San Antonio? Gotta go to continue mopping up...thankfully there does not seem to be much damage or loss but my dogs were also freaking out.

No, it rained like crazy in Ajijic too. Riberas recorded over two and a half inches of rain and when it first started it really came down.

Already this month, we have had half the total average rainfall for the entire month of July. June came in 4 inches higher than the normal 6 inches. If this keeps up it will begin to feel like 2010 we we had well over 40 inches for the year and the lake rose greatly.

It is a good year to be a duck.

We live in San Antonio too, about a block and a half from the lake. Luckily, our yard is up about a foot off the street and the house up several feet from that, so no flooding indoors. But the yard flooded and the street was a raging river. It's just a small bubbling creek this morning, but with more rain expected, I'm guessing it will be a river once again tonight.

So sorry to hear that your house flooded, but glad to hear that every one is OK. I worried about the people that live on the land by the lakes. They surely must have had some bad flooding.

Yea it rained in west upper Ajijic above Sky gym but nothing like what you folks reported from San Antonio. However it was enough to cause leaks in a couple of houses up here. Hope folks homes in San Antonio clean up easy. Just a little mop work was all the damage in my house.

Yea it rained in west upper Ajijic above Sky gym but nothing like what you folks reported from San Antonio. However it was enough to cause leaks in a couple of houses up here. Hope folks homes in San Antonio clean up easy. Just a little mop work was all the damage in my house.

Just over 3" in Riviera Alta last night

4/10th of an inch in San Juan Cosala last night. 1 1/2 inches so far this month. June was a bit below average.

Good to see a great start to the rainy season, problems not withstanding. The forecast looks good for more, so the Lake should benefit. Up here in TX, Austin had an full year's rain by the end of June - while I'm 60 miles NW and our Lake is still 16' down, so, it's hit and miss, but looks great for Chapala.

PS: I have a whole stack of "soaker towels" which now are retired to a closet with nothing to do? - they served me well in MX.

They had a backhoe, dump truck and Bomberos at "Omar's Arroyo" in San Antonio around noon today. Eastbound traffic was getting directed through the Absolut Fenix parking lot while they were clearing rubble from the carretera. Saw a lot of "washed down the road" free cobblestones on the next street east going up the hill, also. The annual mess in that area.

Be thankful for the rain and cooler temperatures. We've been at the beach in Guayabitos for the last two weeks without a drop of rain. The daytime temperatures are in the low 90's with similar humidity. Nighttime lows are around 80 degrees. Thinking makes you sweat.

The Pacific water is very warm too. Last year it wasn't this warm until September. Perhaps more Pacific hurricanes this summer?

It's nearly 6pm so it's time to turn on the A/C we spent a fortune installing last year. Right now it's priceless.

We are up on the hill in PV right above the McD's on the Malecon. No rain tampoco for a month and similar temps. We are so fortunate to have a great sea breeze during the day and a breeze that roars down the mountain at night. Have not had to turn on the A/C even once yet and just received our CFE bill for 2 months: $523 pesos. Location, location, location.

I too had some flooding in my home...great for lake but frankly seems all we have had is rain. It rained at least once every single month since last year rainy season...enough..I live very close to lake.

They had a backhoe, dump truck and Bomberos at "Omar's Arroyo" in San Antonio around noon today. Eastbound traffic was getting directed through the Absolut Fenix parking lot while they were clearing rubble from the carretera. Saw a lot of "washed down the road" free cobblestones on the next street east going up the hill, also. The annual mess in that area.

It's not just 'Omar's Arroyo' affecting us now. We live in El Dorado, and have heard water rushing down the 'goat path' since Saturday morning. We went out this morning to try to walk down the path, and it is virtually impassable for any human without rubber boots on (even the goats being herded up to the field across the Libramento were having to jump over the torrent of water!) It's also impossible to even cross the stream at the moment! It's coming from somewhere on the mountain side of the Libramento. At this rate, I won't be able to walk to the stores for quite some time.....will have to take a taxi everywhere. That's the disadvantage to not having a car here, even though I enjoyed walking and it was much healthier for me!

The waterfalls of Tepalo (in the hills above Calle Revolucion in Ajijic) are also going full blast and upper Revolucion is a river! The hike up to the falls is fun if you don't mind getting your feet wet and don't mind human traffic jams. It's a favorite family activity to go up there when the falls are running and you'll see everyone from grandmas to babies braving the muddy paths and taking a shower in the falls. A great day out!

I see they have put a strange little ridge across the exit from Superlake to stop the water going in there. This is the exit between the two street lights. I wonder how long it will last.

I see they have put a strange little ridge across the exit from Superlake to stop the water going in there. This is the exit between the two street lights. I wonder how long it will last.

Bottomed out with my Fit yesterday. Will now use other entrances

I think this sharp ridge was an over-reaction. The real problem is in front of Fenix at the lights; I haven't seen problems from water or junk coming in at that entrance. It is going to cause even more slowdowns than before, as people not only wait to get in the lot as they do now, but take extra time to cross that thing. I imagine most will use the entrance at the lights in front of Fenix. I predict even more traffic jams, and less parking for the businesses from the Fenix end.

EDIT: drove by today and it is quite evident that the junk collects to the west of that ridge...

Sheldon, we`ve had massive wáter in Mirasol, (west end of Riberas), living room flooded, etc. Rains here are different almost block to block!

Folks, we`ve had 25 inches so far this year of an average 33 inches per year (measured in Riberas by LakeChapalaWeather.net) with most of the rainy season still to come. The average rainfall for the rest of the year is near 20 inches so, Those That Watch The Weather: is it possible we may get 45-50 inches of rain this year or is there a weather cap well before that?

Archived