Chapala.com Webboard

Where to have drapes made and installed ?

I used Jazmin (sp) on the street beside Guadalajara Farmacia in Ajijic. I had custom drapes as well as curtain rods made. She came, measured, installed and speaks English. I was quite happy.

The lady at Jazmin is Mary Chuy. She is not the cheapest, but she does quality work and has many fabrics available at the shop from which you can choose. Six years ago, she created curtains for my entire house, the rods, tie backs, etc. I needed a pair replaced recently due to animal issues. I thought I'd go elsewhere and started that process, only to change my mind and go back to Mary Chuy. She did exactly what I wanted with the fabric I chose from her shop and in the time frame she promised me. I'm glad I went back to her.

I would highly recommend Rosario on Ocampo in downtown Ajijic. When i moved here 7 years ago I rented a nice house that I live in today. I brought down my total household but it lacked the Mexican touch. I found Rosario and she came to my home (actually I drove her because she does not drive) and we quickly decided on the style, colors and exact dimensions for dressings on all the windows. This turned out great and everyone that I have steered to her has been very happy. If you go west on Ocampo from Colon (Pearl's is on the corner) almost to the next block you will see on the same side an open space with a laundry and usually Rosario will be behind her sowing machine.

We've had many sets of curtains/draperies made by Telas Parasina in GDL. Once you buy the fabric there, you show them the design, give them the measurements and they make the curtains/draperies for free. It takes them about 10 days to complete the project but you can't beat the price.

We've been happy with this service for several homes we've had lakeside.

Enjoy!

Valerie :)

Archived