Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon Mexico

Joco

I was looking at the website a few minutes ago and almost everything was marked as being unavailable at the moment. Some of the prices were pretty astounding as well, such as a 3 piece towel set for 599 pesos. They will need to sharpen the pencil I think, if they want to do much business.

I'm still looking At it and in the tool section and a LOT of the description pics are wrong so be careful. The bosch drill i was checking is only a couple hundred pesos difference than the us site which is closer as everything of that type is far more expensive here unless you go truper so that's not bad. Don't expect prices to be the same though, prices on most stuff will be astounding. It's cheaper to order from the us and have forwarded than buy on sites like apple, hp or dell mexico. Typically much more markup than iva, an iphone is about a third higher on apple mx.

I think besides iva there is a "doing business in mexico tax" that goes to someone. Dremels, for example, are made in toluca mexico and cost a lot more than iva tax between here and the us.

Years ago the prices between purchasing identical products in the US vs. Canada used to be considerably higher in Canada than just the difference in exchange rates. At the time a lot of it was explained due to the "higher cost of doing business in Canada". With the maturing of the NAFTA Agreement and elimination of most tariffs the prices in Canada became much more reasonable. I expect over time the same will happen with Mexican prices on like goods. Until then, still best to shop NOB and import yourself if you are able to.

I expect over time the same will happen with Mexican prices on like goods. Until then, still best to shop NOB and import yourself if you are able to.

I agree, but if and when it gets better the current political party will have to be long gone.

I think it's going to be a while before they get everything straight; check out this link for bedding. Anything wrong with that picture? http://www.amazon.com.mx/Cozy-Beddings-Vintage-Comforter-Burgundy/dp/B00BGGE3K0/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1435758595&sr=8-15&keywords=sabanas

Archived