Chapala.com Webboard

Coffee Vender

I been told that every month he goes to eastern Mexico to get more coffee beans. He is usually away for a week or so. Maybe that is what is taking place.

I don't know about light roast but I have been getting the medium roast for years and I know he also sells a dark roast. Plus he has fine or corse ground. And sometimes he stays a bit longer in Vera Cruz because these are family fiestas to enjoy. Coffee well worth waiting for. IMHO

Many years ago, in Veracruz, we discovered a restaurant in centro as a preferable alternative to the hotel breakfast. The coffee was unbelievably good; so good that we spent half the morning just sitting and drinking coffee, cup after cup. Of course, the restaurant had one of the oldest and largest Italian coffee machines that I have ever seen.

How does Comala coffee compare? Being a coffee town they have a wide variety so don't know which plantation to compare it to.

One of the processors closed and of the 3-4 in the area ..... they had no dark roast

We fell in love with Comala coffee when we lived there and even had it shipped to Mazatlan for a while...then got too lazy to do it but now that we will be in the Chapala area, we will be able to indulge ourselves again. We certainly recommend it to all.

I like very rich dark coffee and tried the street vendor's darkest roast. While it is OK, it's not quite as dark and rich as the Oaxaca French Roast I bought at that coffee shop on the Ajijic plaza. I suppose it depends on how dark you like your coffee.

Archived