Chapala.com Webboard

Looking to play pickleball?

gpyros

We just moved back to the area and are looking for a place to play pickleball, as well as finding others who play, also.

Anyone know of any courts in the area? We already know about the courts at the Raquet Club in SJC, but it appears that you have to live there to play on their courts.

Is there another place in the Ajijic area? Anyone want to get a regular game going? We usually play doubles.

Thanks,

Greg

Um, Ajijicbound, thanks, but in case you didn't read all of my post, I mentioned that the Raquet Club in San Juan Cosalá has courts, (two) they have been completed for a while now, but you have to live there to play there.

Anyone know of any other courts around here where we can play? And anyone who wants to play?

Greg

John:

Check your PMs, just sent you one.

I've been to the Raquet Club's two pickleball courts, they are done and I have been told by members that they are being used.

The clay tennis courts are coming along nicely.

Thanks,

Greg

gpyros is correct. The Pickle ball courts are there in the Raquet Club-I've seen them. The net isn't left in place so you have to put it up.

Table Tennis maybe?

Group Description

A club in the Chapala area devoted to the game of Table Tennis. We meet every Monday / Wednesday / Friday at between the hours of 2:15 to 4:30. New members are welcome to join and play. A small monthly fee is required to pay for the facilities and tables.

Location Chula Vista Country Club, Calle Paseo del Golf 5, Fracc. Chula Vista,

Which sport is best - horseshoes, pickleball, table tennis or shuffleboard?

Hey, y'all, can we please get back to the original topic about where we can play pickleball around here?

As originally posted, we know that there are two completed pickleball courts in the Raquet Club, but they are only for members.

And no, we don't want to play ping-pong, tiddlywinks, or shoot pool - we just want to play pickleball!

Thanks!

Greg

The pickle ball courts are there already and are used occasionally. I've been on them. What does Carlos know.

If I see someone playing pickle ball there I will tell them to stop as there are no courts.

If you are interested, the best is to go to youtube.com and do a search for pickleball championship - you can see how the game is played.

Here is a link to the 2014 nationals:

The game has been around for 50 years now. It is much easier to learn than tennis, and beginners can have as much fun as the expert players. It is much easier on the body than tennis is since the court is smaller and you don't have to run as far, which is how it gets its reputation as a senior's sport, it is now officially a game in the Senior Olympics.

But watch the youtube videos and you can see that it is a game for all ages.

Greg

Hi Greg

I LOVE pickleball and when I first arrived here a year ago I started looking high and low for a place to play. So far I have not found a court. There is the unused volley ball courts down on the Malacon that maybe with the municipalities help could fence off and get one or two forts out of. There is abandoned court in terrible shape past the train station in Chapala. But short of a group getting together and buying a picture of land and building courts, I don't know how or where we could find a place to play. The few tennis courts that there are are being used for tennis and no one wants us to tape off pickleball courts

A guy by the name of Peter Luciano recently sent out a survey to guage interest in the sport in Ajijic. I never did hear the results.

I would play 5 times a week if I could and would be willing to make a small investment into building courts.

Good luck on your search and PM me if you want some help or, better yet, find a place to play!

• 3 weeks later...

The pickleball courts at Raquet Club will be open to the public next weekend July 25 and 26 as part of the inaguration of the newly completed clay courts. Peter Luciano has the details related to the exact hours they'll be available. Contact him at drpeterluciano<at>icloud.com if you want to know more.

• 2 weeks later...

The information I posted a couple of days ago is not correct.

I received those details from someone involved in the clay court process. The information was presented as fact when as it turns out it was not.

I apologize for the bad info.

As a property owner in RQ &a dues payer I would appreciate an answer as to who provided this invalid

information . This would allow the RQ BOARD to stop misinformation of this magnitude. I believe ( hopefully)

this would require a SPECIAL ASSEMBLY VOTE to approve, if not GOD help us This would preclude potential

lawsuits & injunction relief as this is a private fracc. .

Archived