Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon México Opens June 30, 2015

More Liana

Once upon a time, when looking for reading material, Amazon USA would not ship to me in Mexico. So, I ordered from Amazon UX and received the books I selected within a very short time. What I did discover is that the various Amazons are really very separate franchises with very distinct products. There is no connection or cooperation between them, so I suspect that Amazon Mexico will operate in a similar fashion and that the full range of US products should not be expected to be available in Mexico.

Once upon a time, when looking for reading material, Amazon USA would not ship to me in Mexico. So, I ordered from Amazon UX and received the books I selected within a very short time. What I did discover is that the various Amazons are really very separate franchises with very distinct products. There is no connection or cooperation between them, so I suspect that Amazon Mexico will operate in a similar fashion and that the full range of US products should not be expected to be available in Mexico.

So, RV, you are saying that most probably we will see something like WalMart and Home Depot? :(

Just where is Amazon UX? I've ordered books, DVDs, golf ball and many other things from Amazon US and never had a problem. Now with a addition of low cost shipping to Mexico, it's even better. Of course the "different Amazons" will have different products for their respective markets. I would expect nothing less.

Just where is Amazon UX? I've ordered books, DVDs, golf ball and many other things from Amazon US and never had a problem. Now with a addition of low cost shipping to Mexico, it's even better. Of course the "different Amazons" will have different products for their respective markets. I would expect nothing less.

Sorry, my eyes are failing. That should read UK

Anything has to better than Mercado Libre! If I remember correctly the Amazon "Fulfillment" center cost $15 million U.S. to construct. They are now using eighth generation robotic and software:

http://multichannelmerchant.com/news/amazon-unveils-8th-generation-fulfillment-center-03122014/

The Mexican center will probably have robotics, except some of the warehouse workers would be blasting Low rider - by War

When I click on the Amazon Mexico website using Google Chrome web browser, it automatically translates it into English!

I would turn off automatic translate. It's good for some things but not doing business

Found it! Click Estados Unidos at the very bottom of the page. Unfortunately, this appears to be the books only web site and the new one is not up and running right now. Amazon is supposed to have a big announcement with maybe some answers this Tuesday.

I would never buy anything if I had to rely on Google translate for information and description.

There is no better or faster translation available, for free, than Google Translate, AFAIC. Proper translation costs many, many dollars, because it requires thought, not robots. And legitimate translation for business and work actually entails trained experts. I worked on many bilingual documents for the Canadian federal government, and they have entire departments dedicated to the nuances of English and French.

Anything has to better than Mercado Libre! If I remember correctly the Amazon "Fulfillment" center cost $15 million U.S. to construct. They are now using eighth generation robotic and software:

http://multichannelmerchant.com/news/amazon-unveils-8th-generation-fulfillment-center-03122014/

The Mexican center will probably have robotics, except some of the warehouse workers would be blasting Low rider - by War

Mercadolibre is like Ebay. Mercadolibre doesn't have warehouses and shipping like Amazon does. Each vendor takes his own order and does his own shipping. Paying at OXXO or banks is a pain with Mercadolibre. I hope we can pay Amazon MX directly like we can in the U.S.

Great news, we order a lot of stuff through amazon but have a forwarding service. Curious at how much they will have on amazon mx. Most us companies that have sites here have a pretty pathetic inventory list, like hp and dell mx. Apple is good, but it's still cheaper to order from the us.

Archived