Chapala.com Webboard

Need printer recommendations

Operation Feed is working on a terrific 2016 calendar and the team would like to check cost and quality of the print job with three or four printers. We're hoping you will share positive experiences with us, so we can go visit the best printers lakeside. Thanks, Carol

Groppe Libros, under Carsten Groppe, does just about everything like that. Website: http://www.groppelibros.com.mx/en.html. They have Live Chat. Phone: (33) 3615-9271 (not a cell phone - Guadalajara)

Carsten Groppe is very competent. Several locals have done self-publishing through him. He lives in the outskirts of Chapala and if you request an appointment, he will meet you there instead of you having to go into Guadalajara.

Exactly. I've designed close to 40 books for local authors, and he has printed almost all of them, including special bookmarks, advertising postcards, and more, in quantities large and small.

Groppe will do a beautiful job, but the cost for that level of quality is high, and if this is to be a fundraiser, probably not the best choice. I expect you want decent quality for a low price so you make money. I have heard very good things about the printer on the lakeside of the Caraterra as you're going into Ajijic from SJC. The building is on a corner and painted black with splashes of pink and green and... They do quality work and generally their prices are very competitive.

Archived