Chapala.com Webboard

Looking to buy a nationalized car in the Ajijic/Chapala area

I am in the market to purchase a used nationalized automobile. Looking for either a mini-van or station wagon/hatchback, good mechanical condition, clean (inside, outside and title). Have already contacted S&S & Moyo Car wash (Rafael) and they are looking as well. If you are aware of anyone out there that may be selling a used nationalized car, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your responses and/or suggestions...

Id stay away from nationalized cars as they can be problematic with so much fraud and the reduced and more expensive insurance coverage.

OK, I obviously mentioned that I am looking for a used 'Nationalized' car. I'm not to keen on the sales definitions of cars here, but in short, I'm looking for a car that is Mexican plated and clear of any liens, not stolen, and no ownership claims against it, and is in good mechanical and body condition, inside and out. I hope this helps. Thanks again for any responses and I appreciate the responses already received....

You did well to talk with S&S. A nationalized car is usually one brought here from the US or Canada and replated Mexican. Not an easy task and not alway done legally so it could be a problem. I have had two Cr-Vs and both were great. The last one purchased new from a honda dealer in Guadalajara.

Archived