Chapala.com Webboard

Emeregency vet needed right now

Everyone,thank you!! This is such a great community for animals in need. I called Delfino who directed me to the Ladrons and was able to get my doggie in. He did a great job examining and treating her, and she is now napping from her pain injection. She appears to have jumped wrong last night and pinched a nerve. Her entire lower half was spasming so hard and fast and she couldnt stand without collapsing.

He says she has no neurological issues and with this cortisone injection she is able to walk slowly without immediately collapsing. Seeing your dog stare at you and pant from the pain, while unable to walk without her hind legs turning into jelly, is absolutely heartbreaking.

Serenity6 you might also want to check out "Dodgerslist: canine back problems, all things IVDD

Dodgerslist web site offering education for owners and dogs suffering with back problems due to disc disease (ruptured, herniated, slipped disc, IVDD)" http://www.dodgerslist.com/

When one of my dogs had a similar injury, I found more knowledge and good advise on that list than any where else, including local Vets. Paws crossed for a speedy recovery.

MtnMamma: excellent link. Thank you! Since we didn't do any imaging, and I'm not surer they wouldve shown anything anyway, I can only assume it was a pinched nerve as the vet said. So far the cortisone shot is doing wonders. People tell me it should last a week, maybe two.

CCC, thank you for the kind thoughts. I guess my dog felt left out. I received my own spine diagnosis nine hours before my dog did the jump that caused the pinched nerve. While I'm flattered my dog wants to be just like her mama, I'd much prefer she stay healthy!

Archived