Chapala.com Webboard

Clean car upholstery and carpets?

natbug

I am wondering if there is a reliable place Lakeside that will thoroughly clean my car upholstery and carpets. They are cloth seats and the car is small, but in desperate need of cleaning. A friend suggested Spring Clean, does anyone know if thy clean inside cars? Or is there somewhere else that does this? Thanks.

In Riberas on the mountain side of the carretera past the Animal shelter. They cleaned my Mazda after I had been taking 20 dogs back and forth from the lake for months. My seats are cloth . They did a great job the car looked new when they were finished. They told me it was the dirtiest car they had done and I am sure it was.

Didn‘t you mean $70 pesos?

There is also Surtiwash on the west side of Madero in downtown Chapala, near the Surtidor supermarket. You can walk about while they do your car; about 45 minutes, and they will have it ready and waiting when you return. They do an excellent job.

I always go to the guys next to Lake Taco -- Lake Carwash

They do charge 700 pesos (not 70 -- come on that is way too cheap)

after 6 weeks my car was sitting with dampness inside and when i returned was completely moldy -- they did a superb job and only asked for 600 pesos when I picked it up -- had to leave it all day -- I gave them 800 pesos -- very worth $52.00 US -- was as good as new

Not way too cheap for those of us on a definite fixed budget. I am glad you could afford to give them 800p, hopefully they won't expect that from those of us who cannot afford to give it. :(

I am wondering if there is a reliable place Lakeside that will thoroughly clean my car upholstery and carpets.

$70 pesos gets you a car wash and interior wipedown, including washing the floor mats. Pretty much all the car-washes here, including Moyoyo; the place at the top of the hill in west Ajijic; and off the libramiento beside Fish Taco.

$700 pesos actually gets you an upholstery shampoo and full interior wash; a couple of places include an engine "shampoo", too. Try the car wash in Chapala just past the gas station on the same street. Be aware it takes a lot longer than an hour for the full washy. but it's the kind of thing one only does once a year or so.

Jim, it's not a car wash I'm paying for it's to have my entire interior shampooed and thoroughly cleaned. In the States I did it myself, but I did not bring the equipment when we moved so now after 4 years here I have to get it cleaned.

• 1 year later...

Archived