Chapala.com Webboard

Dentist recommendation - Crowns

Hola. A friend of ours is looking for a good dentist to provide her with crowns. We have a dentist that we think highly of but have no direct experience with crowns. I would appreciate it if any of you could recommend a dentist who you know does crowns and who you have experience with. Quality is key!

Thanks in advance!

Dra. Candy Ugalde at the Maskaras clinic breezeway, west side. Excellent. Has a t.v. camera she puts in your mouth and you can see all of you problems on a big screen on the ceiling. I have had a lot of work done by her, crowns, veneers, cleanings, excellent. Also excellent English. (376) 106 0826, Mon-Fri. hours.

She was also sent to South Korea all expenses paid by a company for further education and hands on training for implants and has 2 diplomas from the training.

I would skip Dental Express.

My husband and I have both had crowns done at Dental Express. Very happy with them. I have just had an implant done also. Very happy with the work and the price. Plan on having two more next year. We have used them since they opened.

The op is asking for a recommendation with experience, must we start again with other comments. Does it ever stop on this board.

Hola. A friend of ours is looking for a good dentist to provide her with crowns. We have a dentist that we think highly of but have no direct experience with crowns. I would appreciate it if any of you could recommend a dentist who you know does crowns and who you have experience with. Quality is key!

Thanks in advance!

No experience with crowns at your advanced age? Amazing! Seriously, though..... I can recommend Dr. Pilar or Haro, for crowns from personal experience. Myself, my brother and my sister in law, all have had crowns made at Dr. Haro's office. All without problems.

A very good friend had several crowns done by Dr. Edgar, at Dental Express, last year and was very pleased. There are many, many really good choices here. Good Luck to your friend!

Had a friend come down from Seattle for a visit and she needed a crown. Dr. Don crowned the wrong tooth and she had brought X-rays! She didn't realize it until she went back NOB and her dentist looked at it. He said it was a good crown though. He just had crowned a perfectly good tooth

My recommendation is also for Dra. Candy in the Mascaras Clinic strip center. I have had two bridges, 12 veneers, and two ziconia crowns, cleaning, and a mouth guard made by her. I am very, very happy. I also was a patient of Dra. Pilar at Haro's office but was not happy there. I then went to Dental Express and that was not a good thing...found Dra. Candy and would highly recommend her practice.

Having lived at Ajijic and Chapala for over 13 years, I would not recommend any of the dentists mentioned in this thread.

Is that based on personal experience or hearsay? If you are personally familiar with each of the dentists you must have had a great deal of work done and I would be interested in knowing if there is anyone you would be able to recommend for crown work?

In all those years, we and many friends used several dentists. We all ended up with Dr. Barragan and stayed with him for a decade. Now that we are in Tucson, we definitely cannot recommend the dental clinic we recently used here. Not great work and exhorbitant prices. For our next check-up, we will head south.

Archived