Chapala.com Webboard

Goats? Know anyone who has some?

We have a large lot in central Ajijic which could use some goats grazing on it for a week or two. There is water on site.

We were laughing about this a couple weeks ago, but hey why not?

Well since there are two 14 foot walls and 2 fences and absolutely nothing else inside the area just the scrubby plants. I can have someone come clear it again. I would rather find someone who wants to put their goats in there every other month.

I've done some preliminary searching for a goat to serve as a companion to my horse. I've been told that goats (and other farm animals) can be purchased at the monthly farmers market in Guad. I've also heard that about two clicks north on Via De La Loma, on the left hand side is a ranch or farm that sells goats. I bought my hens from the pet store next to Soriana on Madero..I'm sure they could source other animals as well. I'll be back in Mx in a week and expect I'll have my goat very shortly thereafter. If there's good pasture for my horse I would consider placing both horse and goat there for a few days. I save on feed costs..you get a clear lot!

Eric

Well, if you're looking for "lend me your livestock", there are a couple of goats across the street from my Spanish school (on upper Revolución behind Z-Gas), plus some free-range horses and burros that use the field across the street from my house. The horses and burros rotate. Bring your own saddle.

There are some goats, along with a pot bellied pig, on a lot on the west side of Revolución, just south of Guadalupe Victoria. However, I have no idea about who may own them. There is a locksmith and a couple of food puestos on the other side of the street a half block north. Maybe someone there might know.

Archived