Chapala.com Webboard

Riberas swimming pool water question

Our friends in Riberas seem to have no end of problems with their pool water quality. They have pretty much the standard setup with the addition of one of those ultrasonic algae control devices. They maintain chemical levels OK but keep having problems with green pool and the need to flocculate and vacuum to drain.

They are using water straight out of the street line.

Question: If you have a pool in Riberas and are doing the same, are you having unusual problems or have you developed a program of treatment that compensates for city water quality?

Did you add additional equipment to your system to pretreat the water?

Are you using additional chemicals? Which ones and how often and how much?

Thanks!

I live in Riberas, am on the old well and have crappy water from the street. I have to change my water filters for the house every 3-4 weeks, the water is that bad. My pool water is fine. I have a salt water system. When I had my hamdyman doing pool maintenance the pool often was green and he blamed the water in the aljibe. I use Carlos Taylor for my pool maintenance now and in over two years the water has never been anything but clear sparkling blue. He will do a free consultation, maybe they can call and have him take a look?

I live in Riberas, am on the old well and have crappy water from the street. I have to change my water filters for the house every 3-4 weeks, the water is that bad. My pool water is fine. I have a salt water system. When I had my hamdyman doing pool maintenance the pool often was green and he blamed the water in the aljibe. I use Carlos Taylor for my pool maintenance now and in over two years the water has never been anything but clear sparkling blue. He will do a free consultation, maybe they can call and have him take a look?

Agree on having Carlos Taylor. He is the best in my opinion.

We could not stabilize the water until we added a whole house & garden water softener, then a whole house & garden primary "zeolite" Filter & finally Zeolite pool Filter Medium. I Super Chlorinate "Shock" once a week regardless of how the pool looks. We are on the new well!

This person Carlos maybe the same person just west of Ajijic Mnt side? Not in Riberas at the moment so no contacts available. Best of Luck

Archived